Radio stations to send to?

Johnny E

Hey all,

I'm doing a big mailing tomorrow sending out promo and CD for The Monktail group I'm in (www.monktail.com). Can you all give me suggestions on radio stations around the country that play this kind of stuff (out jazz)? Addresses and specific DJ's to address them too would be nice as well.

Thanks

-John

KVRX the student station here at UT has a free jazz show on Monday nights called 'Close Enough for Jazz'. I'd try mailing it c/o the show. Either way, the link you've got here will have a mailing address somewhere. Who knows? You might even get rotation play seeing as the station's motto is "None of the hits, all of the time". Edited by Brandon Burke

Johnny--

You may want to try WVKR in Poughkeepsie, NY, the radio station for Vassar College.

WVKR

Box 726

Vassar College

124 Raymond Ave.

Poughkeepsie, NY 12604

The Jazz director's name is Todd Leland, and you can probably send your cd and/or PK to his attention. I've met Todd a few times, but a buddy of mine knows him well. Send me a PM if you want to follow this lead, and I'll phone up my buddy to see if he can let Todd know it's coming.

I play avant garde jazz as part of a regular rotation (30 hours of jazz programming a week) and have a specific segment for the music (Wednesday at midnight, "Out On Blue Lake"). If not too late:

Lazaro Vega

Blue Lake Public Radio

300 East Crystal Lake Road

Twin Lake MI 49457

WBLV FM 90.3 serving Muskegon and the Lake Michigan shoreline; WBLU FM 88.9 serving Grand Rapids. Please see www.bluelake.org to verify....

Johnny, KCSM occasionally plays more adventurous stuff; you might want to give them a try...

Address:

KCSM

1700 W. Hillsdale Blvd.

San Mateo, CA 94402

I'm pretty sure Jesse "Chuy" Varela is the main person who checks out the incoming discs. Sorry I can't be of more help...

Edited by Jazzmoose

Thanks so much everyone. I got a pretty hefty list at this point. Hopefully it will lead to airplay and a possible performance near you!

BTW, I have discs for sale if anyone wants one. We been selling them for $15, but anybody here who wants one can get it from me for $10. They have letterpress covers and are limited edition 1 to 1000. Check out www.monktail.com if you wanna give us a listen before making any kind of commitment.

You guys are the best!

Link to KWVA. It has a couple of jazz programs, the Jazz Trip on Sunday afternoons, which caters to mostly modern jazz, mostly eclectic, and the Changing Same on Tuesday afternoons, which is all free jazz.

Hope I got this to you in time.

Also, if you ever decide to swing down south,Sam Bond's is probably the best place to try out your stuff. They book all types of music, and the crowd is usually pretty receptive.

Edited by Jad