Record stores in Seattle

samnat

Great city one of my favorite places to visit during the summer and fall.

Highly recommend "Bud's Jazz Records" in Pioneer Square. Also close to the famous Elliott Bay Book Company book store.

102 South Jackson Street

Seattle WA 98104

buds_jazz_records_1_web.jpg

While more of a indie rock store it does have a decent selection of Jazz is Sonic Boom (can't go wrong with a store named after a Lee Morgan record). Its in a great neighborhood that more people should explore in the Ballard District.

2209 NW Market St

I have yet to go to Jive Time Records but I have heard good things about it.

3506 Fremont Ave N

Seattle, WA 98103

Edited by WorldB3

I'd also check out Easy Street Records in Lower Queen Anne. They have a pretty good used Jazz CD and LP section--worth checking out. Easy Street Records

20 West Mercer Street

There is also a store around the corner on Queen Anne Ave that might be worth checking out.

Jive Time is great. If you have some time to dig, you're sure to find something--ask them about their annex in the Antique Mall just down the street.

Oh, and if you are in Ballard there is always Bop Street records located in the historic district (they can tell you the exact address at Sonic Boom). Not my favorite place by any means, but if you have some time might be worth checking out. Just be prepared to haggle on all pirces and spend some time in their huge, unorganized basement.

Again, not a destination... but if you have the time, then check it out. There are some pretty cool bars and restaurants in that area as well.

Do not pass up a trip to Wall of Sound on Capitol Hill, E Pine between Melrose and Bellevue. Jeffery Taylor is a wizard and his store is a treasure chest. www.wosound.com

315 E Pine St

Seattle, WA 98122

(206) 441-9880

If you're in Queen Anne, and enjoy looking through thorough but expensive releases, see Silver Platters at 701 5th Ave N (Corner of 5th and Roy). 206-283-3472. Ask for Mark, Brad or Gabe. It's only a half-mile east of Easy Street (which you should visit first - ask for Jody). If you make it to that neighborhood, also check out Underdawg Records, which is around the corner at 532 Queen Anne Avenue N.

Bud's is closed, by the way.

BUD'S IS OUT OF BUSSINESS. PROBABLY WILL TURN IT INTO A HIGH END CLOTHING STORE FOR SEXY LADIES, I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I WAS WALKING BY THERE ON THE WAY TO THE B-52'S CONCERT AND I WALKED BY BUDS AND SO A BIG VACANCY SIGN

That's sad, but a sign of the times. Last time I was there, I bought a Lucky Thompson CD and the owner (post-Bud) told me about the time Lucky came into the store.