Mosaics that will NEVER be issued

The Complete Edison Recordings of Buddy Bolden

The Complete Wartime Recordings of the Earl Hines Band with Charlie Parker

The Complete Jazz Recordings of Sammy Kaye

(My heartbreak at not hearing Don Cornell drone "It Isn't Fair" on a Mosaic cd...will I ever get over it?!) ;)

Greg Mo

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Concord is somehow (only as far as distribution is concerned?) connected with UMG, could there possibly be any Mosaics drawing from the ex-Fantasy labels? Not that they'd need to reissue stuff in boxes that has been available for a long time, but for instance a Select of all of Ahmed Abdul-Malik's albums would be terrific! And I'm sure there are plenty of somewhat more obscure albums not on CD yet - Freddie McCoy was mentioned elsewhere, for instance.

Now that Concord is somehow (only as far as distribution is concerned?) connected with UMG, could there possibly be any Mosaics drawing from the ex-Fantasy labels? Not that they'd need to reissue stuff in boxes that has been available for a long time, but for instance a Select of all of Ahmed Abdul-Malik's albums would be terrific! And I'm sure there are plenty of somewhat more obscure albums not on CD yet - Freddie McCoy was mentioned elsewhere, for instance.

That's an interesting idea - maybe there's hope yet for a Paul Bryant PJ & Fantasy Select. That would be very cool if it could be done since the current owners of the latter catalog will never put them out.

I'm just doing some loud wishful thinking... I guess Concord would be among the companies that would ask way over the top money from an outfit like Mosaic... (that impression is based on the general impression I have from Concord, since they started selling out/cutting down the Fantasy catalogue, and then started their own, weak/absurd reissue series)

That's an interesting idea - maybe there's hope yet for a Paul Bryant PJ & Fantasy Select. That would be very cool if it could be done since the current owners of the latter catalog will never put them out.

It would be a very short Select, as well - unless you included the two with Curtis Amy that are already on the Amy Select. Other than those, there's one on PJ ("Burnin'") and two on Fantasy ("Something's happenin'" and "Groove time").

Not that they shouldn't be reissued, of course...

MG