Mosaics that will NEVER be issued

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that after centuries of missed opportunity to reproduce album covers in their 12 x 12 booklets Mosaic ought to start making amends by publishing high quality 12 x 12 books of album art. They can take a few pointers from us by starting with paired volumes of Album Covers Showing Women/Men in Big Hats (uhh... it could be one of those books that starts from either end, just flip it over and turn it round). A niche product, I know, but for the mass market they could issue a selection from our very own Sexiest Album Covers thread (Now That's What I Call Album Art Volumes I, II, III, IV, etc.)(or maybe just Phwooarrr!! Volumes I, II, etc). Oh and of course a Marte Roling Fontana covers would be a no-brainer - it would get round all the vexed questions about ownership of the music (who needs it?) and cut to the chase.

I feel that after centuries of missed opportunity to reproduce album covers in their 12 x 12 booklets Mosaic ought to start making amends by publishing high quality 12 x 12 books of album art...

This is the main reason that I don't even THINK about buying Mosaic sets. For me, the album cover art is an integral part of the listening experience. I simply don't experience the music in the same way.