unknown blues tune

tooter

It sounds a lot like one of the grooves that the Ray Charles Band used to play, but I can't place the exact riff. It does sound quite a bit like the riff on Blues March.

Thanks, John. I'm hoping your comment will inspire someone. I just played a version of Blues March by Sonny Stitt through but couldn't find anything like a "riff" - just two sixteen bars sections for the melody. It does sound completely different to the tune I'm having trouble with. My familiarity with Ray Charles output is minimal, I'm afraid.

Edited by tooter

Here is a slightly longer sample but at lower bit rate to fit.

nk_blues.mp3

Since its 100 kb per upload, how about making several 100 kb uploads, in order?

I agree it sounds like pfrancing but not quite.

You mean to give more of the tune to sample, Dan? Better than that, you can go to http://ronnierossmusic.blogspot.com/

and download the whole of the track, or the album if you wish - it's the Naaldwijk one, at the top so far. There is a choice of FLAC or MP3 too.

This is from an email from the the local who so kindly supplied the music:-

"Ronnie played his first concert here in the 'Winkeltje' café in the village of Naaldwijk .

He was resplendent in a kind of white boiler suit with broad patent leather harness.

I attach a photo taken at that concert."

The photo has been used for the cover although unfortunately the patent leather harness cannot be clearly seen.