Album Covers showing musicians lying down

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swinging Swede, your gift for this scares me, as I may have said before. On the other hand, it is a genuine gift. Nobody else here has it.

P.S. That Phil Woods cover is utterly bizarre, in its own quiet way. Lord, does he look uncomfortable. On the other hand, the Shank cover (William Claxton photo, I assume) is a period gem.

• 3 weeks later...

front_cover.jpg

I have this record, and the cover has always knocked me out. So does Mike Jones! :tup He's a great pianist, sorta modernish Dave McKenna. Mike works in Las Vegas as Penn and Teller's musical director, and he should be much better known in the jazz world.

(BTW, is this appropriate for this topic? Is 'stretching out' the same as 'lying down'? I mean, we have to have standards of accuracy!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

front_cover.jpg

I have this record, and the cover has always knocked me out. So does Mike Jones! :tup He's a great pianist, sorta modernish Dave McKenna. Mike works in Las Vegas as Penn and Teller's musical director, and he should be much better known in the jazz world.

(BTW, is this appropriate for this topic? Is 'stretching out' the same as 'lying down'? I mean, we have to have standards of accuracy!)

mike jones is TOPS!!! though he looks quite different now than he did on that cover as a result of numerous tatoos and piercings.

:tup