BEATLES VINYL

wolff

It has the EP on one side, and side 2 is a "catch-all" of sides from 45's. I still have my vinyl through Revolver (British versions, of course, for proper sequencing!), but not the later stuff, and can't remember the details. Seems like it has Baby You're a Rich Man, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane and a few others, but that's by hazy, pot-clouded memory....

Side Two of MMT is Hello Goodbye, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, Baby You're A Rich Man, & All You Need Is Love, in that order. That covered their 3 then most recent singles. I Am The Walrus was the flip of Hello Goodbye, & Baby You're a Rich Man was the flip of All You Need Is Love. Strawberyy Fields and Penny Lane, well, I don't know what the "A" side was for that, I just know that they pretty much changed the world and came out before Sgt. Pepper.

So kinuta, if I wanted to talk about THE BEATLES SECOND ALBUM or SOMETHING NEW, you'd not know what I was talking about, eh? Welcome to the wonderful world of Capitol Beatledom, where they took the real albums apart to make more of them and STILL didn't get all the singles on LPs until way ater the fact.

That's spirit that made this country what it is today!

I'm just wondering: I don't have a single Beatles cd or lp in my collection. Is this a good way to get into the Beatles whole-hog? The lps are going to be mastered from the analog tapes, so they should sound good. I might get this for myself as a Christmas present. :unsure:

Well...I don't know for sure, but there must be a cheaper way to get this stuff. Isn't there? That sure seems steep, but then I bought mine for $5 a pop back when dinosaurs roamed the earth... ;)

It ought to be worth around $800-$1,000. Are you sure it's the real deal? You should maybe put it in a safe. ;)

Yeah, it's original- I bought it in '66. It's an unpeeled mono with clear evidence of Ringo's collar on the right side.

peelani.gif

The site where I just found the above image stated that unpeeled versions are getting more and more scarce, due to all the peeling that's gone on over the years. I've always been too afraid to try to peel it anyway.

• 2 months later...

The reissues have been delayed until mid-January. There are now rumours that they are in fact not mastered from analog tapes, but the same digital masters as the CDs. I've still not decided if I should cancel my order (which was somewhat cheaper from Early Records than from Red Trumpet BTW :) ) for a few of them or not...

http://www.musicangle.com/shownews.php?id=29

Edited by Daniel A