Sports teams that you REALLY HATE!!!!!!

Romanowski is currently not playing because of a concussion and may retire. He's also being sued by one of his teammates because Romo tore off the guy's helmet during practice and then punched him so hard in the eye that the guy broke bones and is out for the year! Great teammate, huh? Romo's 'nutritional advisor' is also being investigated for possibly being involved in doping track and field athletes with a nearly undetectable human growth hormone(Barry Bonds, he of the 45lbs. of muscle gained in his mid-30s is also a customer of this clown).

Hatred is probably too much, but I sure get to work up an intense dislike for 3 hours for whoever plays my beloved hometown Redskins on Sunday! :excited:

I also probably have too much gleeful fun when the football team in the city I live in - the Chargers - loses, haven't liked them since they got rid of Bobby Ross.

i'm pretty much done with pro (and amature, yeah right) sports. ticket prices are silly, the players act like the sun rises and sets on their collective ass, and the owners are fond of holding entire cities hostage so they can get a new stadium.

even more hypocritical are College sports. instead of wasting a classroom seat with an "athlete" who might not have enough credits to graduate, give the seat to a student who will, in all probability, graduate and use his/her degree in a productive manor. in turn, use some of the $$$ from sport ticket sales to pay the athlete. i still enjoy watching baseball, tho i don't keep up with it like i used to. at the begining of the season i have to learn new faces/names, and i never read box scores or the sports page. if it all stopped tomorrow, it'd be all right with me.

that being said, i hate(!) any team that plays against my beloved Chicago Cubs. :D

Edited by jacman

I know that it's completely arbitrary who one chooses to dislike in sports, especially when you can support it with some truths. But to say that the Stockton and Malone-era Jazz were a bunch of floppers and whiners, p-u-l-l-e-a-z-e. Look at the evidence that there was more to these future Hall of Fame players than that. Let's take Stockton. #1 All-Time in assists and steals, Mr. Clutch. His records won't be touched, in our lifetimes. And Malone... well, he will probably be the all-time leading scorer. That's all because of flopping and whining? Maybe 3-4% of his points came from free-throws after he "flopped", but the ref's could have called it that way. It's part of the game. These guys weren't self-congratulatory on or off the court. They played hard and well every game. Sure, they didn't set records in rebounding and/or blocked shots, but in every other major category, look at the stats. Why not just up and try to categorize Coltrane as a "skwalker" (sp.?)?!!!

Now that I think about it hatred is a bit strong in this case. Let me put it this way if those teams who are on my not favorite list lose I won't lose any sleep over it.

Dave James the reason the Red Wings are on the not one of my favorite lists is becase I'm an Avalanche fan. However I do respect the Wings for being a consistently good hockey club. BTW add the Braves to the list of teams I don't care for as well as the Okey Dokie Sooners.

I know that it's completely arbitrary who one chooses to dislike in sports, especially when you can support it with some truths. But to say that the Stockton and Malone-era Jazz were a bunch of floppers and whiners, p-u-l-l-e-a-z-e. Look at the evidence that there was more to these future Hall of Fame players than that. Let's take Stockton. #1 All-Time in assists and steals, Mr. Clutch. His records won't be touched, in our lifetimes. And Malone... well, he will probably be the all-time leading scorer. That's all because of flopping and whining? Maybe 3-4% of his points came from free-throws after he "flopped", but the ref's could have called it that way. It's part of the game. These guys weren't self-congratulatory on or off the court. They played hard and well every game. Sure, they didn't set records in rebounding and/or blocked shots, but in every other major category, look at the stats.  Why not just up and  try to categorize Coltrane as a "skwalker" (sp.?)?!!!

You have your opinion. I have mine. That's what makes sports fans. If you dig Malone, that's fine. To me, he'll always be a flopper and a loser, no matter what his stats are. I was truly sorry to see the Lakers sign him.

You have your opinion. I have mine. That's what makes sports fans. If you dig Malone, that's fine. To me, he'll always be a flopper and a loser, no matter what his stats are. I was truly sorry to see the Lakers sign him.

Count me as another who believes that Stockton and Malone are/were two great players.

Many people share Paul's opinion of Malone as "loser," but I don't think those two Jazz players ever had much teammate support to win the big one. Those good Jazz teams couldn't compare to the teams fielded by the Lakers or Bulls or Pistons.

Interesting to see how Malone does with the Lakers.

Kenny, you must have been happy to see England beat the Springboks on Saturday. I was delighted. Then again, I don't suppose you are too fond of the English team either.

As a transplanted Englishman in Tokyo who enjoys Soccer and Rugby and also follows all of the major American team sports, the list of teams I dislike would be a very long one.

Edited by JohnJ