Mosaic sale: 15% off selected sets until July 31

Yes, 'Here and Now' came out as a Verve Elite Edition (I have it in front of me). Don't recall ever seeing 'Another Git Together' as a CD other than on the Mosaic though.

yup, that's why I bought a dreadfully expensive Japanese vinyl edition of that one - just as good an album as "Here and Now"!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 'Here and Now' came out as a Verve Elite Edition (I have it in front of me). Don't recall ever seeing 'Another Git Together' as a CD other than on the Mosaic though.

yup, that's why I bought a dreadfully expensive Japanese vinyl edition of that one - just as good an album as "Here and Now"!

Of course that was two years or so before the Mosaic came out... and of course I also bought "Jazztet Plays John Lewis" on vinyl (though a cheap b/w Argo reissue of that one - it's likely my favourite album from the whole set!)

Of course that was two years or so before the Mosaic came out... and of course I also bought "Jazztet Plays John Lewis" on vinyl (though a cheap b/w Argo reissue of that one - it's likely my favourite album from the whole set!)

I think I've got all of the Jazztet Argos and Verves (excluding 'Another Git Together') on Japanese vinyl but I'm still crazy enough to pick up the Mosaic :crazy: . Fabulous stuff.

I think I've got all of the Jazztet Argos and Verves (excluding 'Another Git Together') on Japanese vinyl but I'm still crazy enough to pick up the Mosaic :crazy: . Fabulous stuff.

Yes! I also got a b/w Argo reissue of Golson's "Take a Number from 1 to 10" - just for the four pieces missing on the not-quite-CD-twofer... fabulous music, indeed!

Like King Ubu I've also decided to go for the Bix/Trumbauer/Tea set with the good shipping deal.

Hopefully it doesn't go on that Mosaic banana boat via Sweden. :lol:

Found any spiders between your sets lately?

That Bix/Tram/Tea set is great, even though some of the vocals are less than er... let's say "convincing" :)

Well - Like Ubu I figured that this was probably the best deal that was likely to come along with this set, if bought from Europe. It's been on my list for a while and must surely be within range for 'running low' in the not too distant future, I would have thought.

Twee vocals? - ah well, an unavoidable hazard with this vintage of music. :)

I've just gone for the Turrentine.........fingers crossed about the sound quality

I've never had an issue with the sound quality of this set. It's a real good one ! Some obscure gems on there too - such as the very fine Liberty-era session with Thad Jones ('Another Story').

looks like they pulled the plug on the website at quitting time .. just when i clicked thru to place an order they emptied my cart and now it is no go. all other linked sites work but not Mosaic.

Why don't you call them now or send an e-mail explaining what happened, they might still give you a deal.

Edited by J.A.W.

looks like they pulled the plug on the website at quitting time .. just when i clicked thru to place an order they emptied my cart and now it is no go. all other linked sites work but not Mosaic.

Why don't you call them now or send an e-mail explaining what happened, they might still give you a deal.

did and done ... :ph34r:;)

did and done ... :ph34r:;)

:tup

Try it again. I just now placed my order and still got the 15% off. Maybe you just need to re-fill your cart.

Hope it still works. I just snagged the Rich and the Turrentine with shipping for $181.00.

Try it again. I just now placed my order and still got the 15% off. Maybe you just need to re-fill your cart.

Al,

See post #41 above :)

I know, but I just visited the site and the 15% off sale was still on.

Perhaps the site was programmed to reset any outstanding shopping cart at 5:00 pm EST. I don't know. I just figured if MWTGA tried to re-visit the site now instead of waiting until tomorrow, he might be able to get the deal now.

I know, but I just visited the site and the 15% off sale was still on.

Perhaps the site was programmed to reset any outstanding shopping cart at 5:00 pm EST. I don't know. I just figured if MWTGA tried to re-visit the site now instead of waiting until tomorrow, he might be able to get the deal now.

Well, I understand from his post that the deal was done after all.