Bruce's cancer condition Update

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know you've got the spirit to get through all of this.

Hope you'll keep on with the vibes. Maybe some time when you're playing for yourself, you can play one that you can share with all of us - at least in spirit.

Paul I am so thankful for everyone's support that I do, in fact, have a home vid I would like to share with all of you.

"Remember When" a ballad by Lennie Niehaus. My call name is Vibeman27; CLICK on this link

This vid is the last one I made before my condition took this complicated turn.

Thanks everyone for your support.

:bwallace2:

Bruce, I do not want to co-opt your thread. It's great to read your positive take on this shine through in your posts, but I'd like to add a serious note here...

If you are a man over the age of 50, PLEASE, PLEASE - at your next physical, ask to have your PSA done when your blood work is submitted. They will not do it unless you ask and they usually only ask you if you want it done if it shows in your family history.

It is a simple thing to ask but it can save YOUR LIFE.

If you have a family history (as I do), start IMMEDIATELY. At your next physical, get a PSA reading. It will establish your baseline.

THE FINGER TEST IS NOT ENOUGH!!!

Kevin

Bruce, I do not want to co-opt your thread. It's great to read your positive take on this shine through in your posts, but I'd like to add a serious note here...

If you are a man over the age of 50, PLEASE, PLEASE - at your next physical, ask to have your PSA done when your blood work is submitted. They will not do it unless you ask and they usually only ask you if you want it done if it shows in your family history.

If you have a family history (as I do), start IMMEDIATELY. At your next physical, get a PSA reading. It will establish your baseline.

Kevin

I thought the PSA was standard blood test stuff. I get the whole she-bang once a year. And I always get a printout of the results for my files. Trying to take ownership of my health as I age a bit ... OK, a lot ...

Stay positive. Go see a comedy and laugh. I think that's important. Honest.

Kevin

Kevin,

That is perfectly OK. Too many men are in danger and don't know it. Not all doctors bother with the PSA because they take a look at you and say "You look fine." Plus everything else may be fine so they don't do the test. You are right, ASK FOR THE PSA TEST TO MAKE SURE.

Bruce W

THIS IS THE LATEST UPDATE 7/28/08

Hi Everyone,

I have had my bone scan and CT scan tests, and the cancer has NOT spread. It is a localized problem and I have agreed to the cryotherapy procedure (very minimally invasive at best). Again, major surgery is out of the question. In two weeks my urologist takes a look at my bladder. Earliest procedure date is in September. Nothing else really needed until then other than insurance company approval.

Again, I want to thank all of you for your concern and support you have given me. It has helped me greatly in this life threatening condition.

BruceW

aka Vibeman27 :bwallace2:

THIS IS THE LATEST UPDATE 7/28/08

Hi Everyone,

I have had my bone scan and CT scan tests, and the cancer has NOT spread. It is a localized problem and I have agreed to the cryotherapy procedure (very minimally invasive at best). Again, major surgery is out of the question. In two weeks my urologist takes a look at my bladder. Earliest procedure date is in September. Nothing else really needed until then other than insurance company approval.

Again, I want to thank all of you for your concern and support you have given me. It has helped me greatly in this life threatening condition.

BruceW

aka Vibeman27 :bwallace2:

Bruce,

Excellent news! The fact that it is localized means they can kill it.

Is a "cryotherapy procedure" the one like my Dad had? His treatment involved injecting these small little needles into the wall of the prostate that they irradiated. He was "radioactive" for about 6 weeks but the cancer was gone about 3 months later. That procedure worked great for my Dad.

Good luck with the procedure and let us know how it's going.

Kevin