Clearwater Jazz Festival

Looks like a blast. How 'bout that B3. Was that a rental? If so, how was it Jim?

Well...looks like a lot of fun. Now, if we could only HEAR it!!!! ;):D

The B3 is mine! :) Joe and I actually drove. They would've provided one, but we had planned on booking more gigs along the way and carrying the B3 anyway so when they asked me if I wanted one I said, "Naw, I'll bring my own".

Of course, the gigs on the way thing didn't pan out, but it was too late to tell them to get an organ. But it worked out fine.

As far as hearing it, I'm listening to the DAT right now... I'll discuss with the boyz if they want to put it up on the web.

:tup

Looks like a blast.  How 'bout that B3.  Was that a rental?  If so, how was it Jim?

Well...looks like a lot of fun.  Now, if we could only HEAR it!!!! ;)  :D

The B3 is mine! :) Joe and I actually drove. They would've provided one, but we had planned on booking more gigs along the way and carrying the B3 anyway so when they asked me if I wanted one I said, "Naw, I'll bring my own".

Of course, the gigs on the way thing didn't pan out, but it was too late to tell them to get an organ. But it worked out fine.

As far as hearing it, I'm listening to the DAT right now... I'll discuss with the boyz if they want to put it up on the web.

:tup

Cool. Hopefully ya'll will want to put it up! Anyway, is that a 122RV? Does the reverb work on it. If so, how do you like it. I've never played an RV with a functioning reverb...

How long was that drive? :huh:

It's actually a 147RV. The speaker is still there but the reverb amp and chamber is long gone. My dad traded some piano tunings to a guitarist for the Leslie cabinet. When we got it, it had been wired for guitar and was painted black. My dad refinished it and I restored the internals which included putting a new Hammond/Suzuki 122 amp in it. The Leslie still has some weird Peavey driver in place of the Jensen that the guitarist put in it. It doesn't sound bad, especially live, but after hearing the 21H, it's starting to bug me more and more.

Then again, it's what we recorded the album with and it sounds nice so maybe it's dependent on the mic you use on it.

I have played through 122RV's before and they are ok. I don't miss the reverb really. Having all your reverb come through a tiny 6x9 speaker from the side isn't all that great. :)

...that's what I thought. Reverb through a 6X9 speaker always sounded like a weird idea! Anyway, I know the 21H has ruined you for life. Now I want one too! I saw one on ebay, buy it now 875.00 I think. But hopefully I'll run across one locally at some point. It's on the "to do" list if I ever get some bread. :D

Anyway, have you ever thought about replacing the Peavy driver? It might really make a big difference if you could find the old Jensen drivers. I've even got the diaphram replaced in mine and it sounds super great. There's a place in Dallas (Freeman-Tuell) that just recones speakers, and they do a GREAT job at a nice price. Just ship them the diaphram and that's all it takes. A lot of those old Jensen drivers need the diaphram replaced, however most people do it wrong and it still sounds like crap. Freeman-Tuell is wonderful at that....

...that's what I thought. Reverb through a 6X9 speaker always sounded like a weird idea! Anyway, I know the 21H has ruined you for life. Now I want one too! I saw one on ebay, buy it now 875.00 I think. But hopefully I'll run across one locally at some point. It's on the "to do" list if I ever get some bread. :D

Anyway, have you ever thought about replacing the Peavy driver? It might really make a big difference if you could find the old Jensen drivers. I've even got the diaphram replaced in mine and it sounds super great. There's a place in Dallas (Freeman-Tuell) that just recones speakers, and they do a GREAT job at a nice price. Just ship them the diaphram and that's all it takes. A lot of those old Jensen drivers need the diaphram replaced, however most people do it wrong and it still sounds like crap. Freeman-Tuell is wonderful at that....

Wow! Get me their number. I have a couple of old Jensen V-21 drivers that are lying around that are blown.

The problem with the old Jensens is that they are only 30 watts, so on a live gig you can pop them easily. Supposedly BT Productions makes a driver for around $80 that is 60 or 80 watts and sounds close to the old alnico jensens.

The crazy thing is when I'm hearing the Peavey driver live I don't like it, but it seems to record well. It sounds great on the record and on the live DAT from Clearwater.

:wacko:

Joe mentioned John Cleary. I saw him recently in Baton Rouge. His band played on the same night as Righteous Buddha and The Dirty Dozen Brass Band. I didn't mention him before because I didn't know if anyone knew about him. He's English but has that Dr John, Professor Longhair flavor as if he grew up in the Quarter.

What did you think about his guitarist? Has a full size guitar ever looked any smaller?

What did you think about his guitarist?  Has a full size guitar ever looked any smaller?

As they were playing, I peeked out from backstage to check out what was happening (they went on right after us). I scanned the stage from left to right, taking in the drummer, bassist, John..., and then my eyes fell upon the guitarist. :o:o:o All I could see from behind him was the headstock of the guitar! That's one bad brother, though, and I almost felt like saying to him "Look my friend, we want to keep you around for a good long while. Gotta get that weight under control brotha." But he disappeared before I could meet him. Great band. I'd go see them again.

Yes! Freeman-Tuell. In a world filled with people who could care less about their work, FT is a welcome delight.

Their phone number is 214-324-1132

Their turnaround is EXTREMELY fast. 3 days and shipped back to you would be my guess. 7-10 days from your door and back I would guess.

...also...I've never blown a driver that has been re-diaphramed by Freeman-Tuell.

• 3 weeks later...