Glad to be alive

Wow. Good to hear everyone came through OK. Watch for latent neck problems. It may take a few days for neck and back problems to crop up.

It's good to hear that the Prius was able to protect you. It's all well and good to buy all those safety features but you never know how well they work until something like this comes along. I hope I never have to find out if the side air bags in my Prius were worth the extra $$.

Kevin

Damn Ben, that was horrifying to even read about. Glad you are relatively okay and hope your mother recovers quickly.

I don't know if you remember her, but the girl I dated for most of high school was in an equally horrible accident on the highway last summer and was seriously brain damaged. She had to relearn how to speak.

PS: I know I've said it before, but it looks like there is a good chance I will be out there in Sept. We should hit up Pancho Villa or something. We'll take the bus.

Edited by J Larsen

Phew - glad you're alive - my best wishes for both of you!

And: If the memories of the incident keep bothering you, don't hesitate to get yourself some therapeutic aid. Sometimes just talking it over already helps. But these pictures of it all can be a drag.

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts, guys. Haven't had the time to read all them yet and have just browsed through 'em. Glad to hear that another board member has averted disaster too. Guess a lotta of us are going through tough times too. Things were not exactly cheerful for me before this, but it has given me a newfound appreciation for how fragile life can be. Thanks again, everybody. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for all of your kind thoughts, guys. Haven't had the time to read all them yet and have just browsed through 'em. Glad to hear that another board member has averted disaster too. Guess a lotta of us are going through tough times too. Things were not exactly cheerful for me before this, but it has given me a newfound appreciation for how fragile life can be. Thanks again, everybody. I really appreciate it.

Ain't that the truth.

Ain't that the truth.

Yep, my mom just got discharged from the hospital. Further x-rays reveal no internal damage and the docs suspect it is just muscle trauma that will take several weeks to get over, so she can go home and rest. We're glad to have her back here. I'm gonna have time to start reading what everybody posted now. Thanks again guys!

Edited by trane_fanatic

Ain't that the truth.

Yep, my mom just got discharged from the hospital. Further x-rays reveal no internal damage and the docs suspect it is just muscle trauma that will take several weeks to get over, so she can go home and rest. We're glad to have her back here. I'm gonna have time to start reading what everybody posted now. Thanks again guys!

great news!! exactly what we all hoped to hear!!