Depressing Day on Organissimo

just got back from NYC where I spent some interesting and enlightening time with Chris Albertson, Matt Shipp, Roswell Rudd, Marnie Stern, 7/4 and Julianne Moore -

difficult times here on Organissimo, car accidents, motorcycle accidents, cancer, missing jewel boxes - hope everybody's ok -

I'm tired, and it was about 100 degrees in NYC, where I walked everywhere to save cab fare; trying to shoot my film - things went well -

in case anyone's wondering, I ran into Julianne Moore at Portland Airport, where she was taking her son home from camp - I was standing next to her on line at Starbucks; I said to her - "I know you're an actress, and I apologize, but I cannot think of your name." She was very gracious, though that didn't stop her from calling the cops when I tried to steal a pair of her underpants from her suitcase -

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I confess. . . all the depressing things have stopped happening to me finally. . . the only real issue is my mom's health which is being addressed as best as possible.

Really good things are happening to me now.

Makes it hard to hang out at this depressing place! :D (Just kidding). ;)

in case anyone's wondering, I ran into Julianne Moore at Portland Airport, where she was taking her son home from camp - I was standing next to her on line at Starbucks; I said to her - "I know you're an actress, and I apologize, but I cannot think of your name." She was very gracious, though that didn't stop her from calling the cops when I tried to steal a pair of her underpants from her suitcase -

You tried to steal the Moore undies? Then how do you explain the undies I found stuffed into the horn of my gramophone...

Undiescaptured.jpg

BTW, today's temp and humidity shows a slight improvement.

Really good things are happening to me now.

This is really good to know. :tup

I had some fairly depressing things going on earlier this year, too. Not a lot of fun. But it's largely passed now, and some really good stuff has been coming my way lately as well. ... The rhythms of life, I guess.

:rfr(but I can pretend to be depressed I guess).

Edited by papsrus

I'm bummed to see people selling off their recorded music to meet expenses. I can only hope to be spared that unpleasantness...knock wood (or whatever the expression is). To all experiencing this or other hardships, I wish you well.

Seriously, this bothers me, too.

I'm bummed to see people selling off their recorded music to meet expenses. I can only hope to be spared that unpleasantness...knock wood (or whatever the expression is). To all experiencing this or other hardships, I wish you well.

I've been there, so I can relate. When things get tough, the priority of retaining an OOP Mosaic set is eclipsed by its cold, hard, dollar value.

I didn't really need all of those big black boxes cluttering up my shelves anyway. :rcry:ph34r:

Been there, done that, getting ready to do it again....

Been there, done that, getting ready to do it again....

No you're not.

Why should it concern you though? Be like Lowe, cry for the jewel boxes instead.

Why should it concern you though? Be like Lowe, cry for the jewel boxes instead.

uhhh, this is a music board. People take their music very seriously around these parts. How would you feel if you had to sell some Scott Hamilton CD's to make ends meet? Or some precious piece of Red Sox minutia?

I may not be a fan of either, but I'd still feel bad for you if you had to go that route.

I had to sell all of my Richard Dworsky CD's.

It crushed me, I tell you...

Well, you and others have obviously spent a great deal of time and effort collecting all this great music. It's good that Organissimo board members are being given an opportunity to acquire this music for generous prices, but I'd much prefer people not have to sell off OOP Mosaics and entire collections of CDs. ... Truthfully, I've almost PM'd you and others a couple of times to place a purchase, but it just doesn't feel right. If you have to do it, I'd rather you sell it on eBay for top dollar.

(Unless your motivation is due to space issues, which, considering the whole jewel case controversy, may well be the case, for all I know)