Great interview with Roswell Rudd/Verna Gillis

I talked to Roswell for the first time in almost a year and a half today. He and I have developed a long distance friendship starting when I did a paper on his career back in '92. (based on a series of phone conversations).

At that time his career was pretty much in a major slump. Yet he was nonethelesss very warm and open, and not to mention incredibly encouraging and fatherly in his insights and advice regarding my own music and life. This guy is a sweetheart, and I really hope to be able to actually be in the same room with him someday soon.

Of course, since '92, his career has really taken off again. Talking him today, he shared insight into what has been happening over the past year. This led me to do some googling this evening.

Among the many things I stumbled across was this interview.

Great reading, especially if you dig Roswell!

http://lists.jazzweek.com/pipermail/jazzpr...ber/022131.html

post-540-1216964607_thumb.jpg

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

Roswell is the world's greatest guy, and Verna is terrific - he is also a genius musician. I did a few gigs with him some time ago, and it was like the bandstand levitated - just saw him this past Saturday in NYC and had a nice visit. I can't say enough good things about him both musically and personally -