Gerald Wilson Mosaic is running low

shucks, I still need this one...

Flurin - this is one that you MUST get. Yes, I know that applies to all Mosaics. But this one more than most. Believe it ! :ph34r:

Beg, steal or borrow. Or raid the gnomes of Zurich.. :lol:

holy holy... sounds like I need it badly!

I'm in a bit of a stupid situation here, an organ-hating friend got it and was a bit dis-pleased first, so I said I'd buy it from him, but by now he seems to have kind of grown to it... guess I better order one myself, eventually.

Organ or did you mean Morgan? And how much of either or both does the set contain? And any cowbell? Cuz that would clinch it for me. fyi, I'm looking for improv-cowbell. I should check the Aaron Copland LPs at the library. I bet those have organ and cowbell, no Morgan though. See you all at the Mosaic checkout counter, seriously I have been totally wigged that the Wilson was going to slip by on me, glad I saw this thread. thanks

Just ordered it! Difficult to resist once you have read the reviews posted on the Mosaic website and here.

Went for surface shipping. Not sure what to expect as it is the first time I go for this option. Hopefully the parcel will be here before the set goes OOP. :mellow:

Went for surface shipping. Not sure what to expect as it is the first time I go for this option.

Should be OK, Yves. My Bix/Trumbauer/Tea is going this route too. Chances are it will go US Air Mail anyway. -_-

I think you'll enjoy the Gerald Wilson. I pre-ordered this one and have never regretted it ! Even though I have most of it also on the 'black stuff'.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, the chasm between the best and worst of this set is immense. It ranges from sublime to downright embarrassing. But the best of it justifies purchasing before it disappears.

That's how it seems to me, just based on reviews and word of mouth... which is why I'd rather purchase individual albums when I can find them.

Man, the chasm between the best and worst of this set is immense. It ranges from sublime to downright embarrassing. But the best of it justifies purchasing before it disappears.

That's how it seems to me, just based on reviews and word of mouth... which is why I'd rather purchase individual albums when I can find them.

And the one with Groove Holmes on it would be one I'd buy.

And the one with Groove Holmes on it would be one I'd buy.

Yes, I enjoyed that one more than I expected to. (I'm not an anti-organite, but Holmes has never been among my favorites.)