Kind of Blue reissue

Aggie87

Sorry, I didn't see this post til today.

How I hear it is that the DSD KOB (don't have the Japanese 1958 Miles) seems "bigger" --- I pretty much hear it how you do, this new US version sounds a bit warmer and less "etched." This is true for the SACD version in comparison as well.

I like the new version, a lot.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How I hear it is that the DSD KOB (don't have the Japanese 1958 Miles) seems "bigger" --- I pretty much hear it how you do, this new US version sounds a bit warmer and less "etched." This is true for the SACD version in comparison as well.

Yo jazzbo!!! What in heck are you doing online? :g

I have been online while the HVAC technician is out getting my AC going. Capacitor went out and the condensor wouldn't kick in. . .been that way a while. I got tired of sweating. . .it's getting warm here lately!

AC????? Still cold here in NY!!! Count your blessings.

Thanks Lon, for weighing in with your thoughts!!!

• 1 month later...

Apparently they WILL come out with a new edition of KOB every few months til the end of time.

Even though the last thing the world needs is another reissue of KOB. Talk about a warhorse that has been done to death!

The Classic 200g vinyl mastered by Bernie Grundman simply cannot be beat. And on CD, the Japanese DSD remaster is tough to better. Hard to think that there could possisbly be any reason to repurchase, even for some cute book and stuff, but I guess Sony figure there are lots of people who will.

(Or not.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up the 2 disc Legacy edition. not sure if it sounds better than the Japanese 9000 series DSD versions of KOB and 1958 Miles.

One very annoying thing is that the second disc leave off the versions of "Little Melonae" which appear on my "1958 Miles" disc. While admittedly one of those tracks is actually from 55, why leave these off- they had the time even with the live track of So What.

I don't understand why they didn't use the 1958 remake of "Little Melonae" for that Japanese compilation;

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...st&p=922118