Forget Stupendous, Now Everything is Priced to Move!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I believe that at least the Chambers was reprinted around the turn of the millenium in that "Collector's Choice" series of reissues or whatever it was called where they reprinted some of the early CD titles which had fallen out of print.

Yep - I think my copy of the Drew was a 'Collectors Choice' issue too.

Up for more sales, and a few riddles, like,

Check out the page views for the various threads:

A-B: 1911

C-F: 2169

G-L: 1241

M-Q: 985

R-Comps: 603

Potpourri: 299

Extra Stupendous Sale: 444

I can't get over how page views peaked early on and then steadily declined - is this a function of the time of year, with more people on vacation? Did people lose interest once they got a peak at what was being offered? It really surprises me to realize that without a particular person in NYC, this sale would have been a resounding failure. :unsure:

Then there's this riddle:

Why the heck is there no interest in two early 90s BN reissues that to my knowledge have never been out domestically since:

Kenny Drew, Talkin & Walkin'

Paul Chambers, Chamber's Music, which happens to feature Coltrane

:wacko:

Is there no demand because CDRs went far and wide in the past? Are the blogs and b-t sites all over these discs?

I can understand if people aren't so keen on TOCJs of Smithville or Sunday Mornin' - they've been out as domestic RVGs and aren't nearly as rare as they used to be. But I really figured these would go when first listed, and yet there they are, still. :unsure:

I don't get it Dan - if you're adding albums to your list, how do I pick out the ones I haven't seen before?

MG

Some of us actually already owned most of the discs that were being offered that we wanted...

I factored that in (and I wouldn't expect that a guy like you who gets promos in the mail probably every day to even partake of my sale, so thanks for the order) and went in knowing that a lot of the BNs, among others, wouldn't find takers.

Blue Notes surprising have had low resale value, probably because everyone expects them to be reissued in the JC or RVG series. But I had been looking for Sphere's Bird Songs for some time, it was the only album by the group that had escaped me, though I have the shorter LP.

Besides, there's still room for music in my basement, even if the shelves are overflowing.

Blue Notes surprising have had low resale value, probably because everyone expects them to be reissued in the JC or RVG series. But I had been looking for Sphere's Bird Songs for some time, it was the only album by the group that had escaped me, though I have the shorter LP.

Besides, there's still room for music in my basement, even if the shelves are overflowing.

And soon it will be overflowing a little more - I'll be shipping tomorrow. :)

Also, I believe that at least the Chambers was reprinted around the turn of the millenium in that "Collector's Choice" series of reissues or whatever it was called where they reprinted some of the early CD titles which had fallen out of print.

Yep - I think my copy of the Drew was a 'Collectors Choice' issue too.

got the drew when another board member was selling his collection (and you should have told people it has Joe Maini on it...)

would have bought a bunch of things if the economy was better with me... (but only stuff that was sold anyway to other board members)

I don't understand your question, MG.

What it is, I thought you were continually adding new items into your list, and wondered how we'd know what was a new addition and what we'd seen before and decided not to buy...

MG

Until this listing that compiled every remaining CD, I was posting new portions of the listing in new threads, so everyone knew what was "new" to the sale and what they had seen previously.

I don't understand your question, MG.

What it is, I thought you were continually adding new items into your list, and wondered how we'd know what was a new addition and what we'd seen before and decided not to buy...

MG

Until this listing that compiled every remaining CD, I was posting new portions of the listing in new threads, so everyone knew what was "new" to the sale and what they had seen previously.

Ah, right. Thanks Dan.

MG

PM sent on the following:

Art Farmer & Benny Golson, Meet the Jazztet (Chess) $5 NOW $3

Red Garland Quintet with John Coltrane, Dig It (OJC) $6 NOW $4

Introducing the Three Sounds (BN) $9 NOW $6

The Three Sounds Live at the Lighthouse (BN) $7 NOW $5

Milt Jackson, Soul Route (Pablo) $7 NOW $5

Milt Jackson, Mostly Duke (OJC) $6 NOW $4 NOW $4

JJ Johnson, The Dynamic Sound of JJ With Big Band (RCA-BMG) $7 NOW $5

John Lewis, Midnight in Paris (EmArcy) $7 NOW $5

Horace Parlan, Ellington Ballads (Timeless) $9 NOW $6

Cecil Payne, Chic Boom (Delmark) $6 NOW $4

Stanley Turrentine, Comin Your Way (BN) $7 NOW $5

Stanley Turrentine, Jubilee Shout (BN) $7 NOW $5

Buster Williams Quartet Live at the Montreux Jazz Festival 1999 (TCB) $8 NOW $6

Nat Adderley Quintet, The Old Country (Enja) $6 NOW $4

Nat Adderley Quintet, Live at the Floating Jazz Festival 1994 (Chiaroscuro - two disc set) $12 NOW $9

Benny Carter, My Kind of Trouble (Pablo) $6 NOW $4

Benny Carter Group, Wonderland (Pablo) $6 NOW $4

Benny Carter, Jazz Giants (Pablo - promo copy) $6 NOW $4

Benny Carter Meets Oscar Peterson (OJC) $6 NOW $4

Benny Carter, All of Me (Bluebird) $6 NOW $4

Benny Carter 4 Montreux '77 (OJC) $6 NOW $4

Benny Carter, Sax A La Carter (Capitol) $6 NOW $4

Benny Carter, The King (Pablo) $6 NOW $4

Kenny Drew Trio (Riverside) $6 NOW $4 (and its a Japanese pressing)

Red Garland, All Mornin' Long (OJC) $6 NOW $4

Junior Mance At Town Hall Volume II (hey Houston Person fans, he guests on this disc) (enja) $7 NOW $5

Jimmy Ponder, Soul Eyes (Muse) $7 NOW $5

Zoot Sims & Al Cohn, Jazz Alive - A Night at the Half Note (BN) $7 NOW $5

Jim Snidero, Mixed Bag (Criss Cross) $8 NOW $6

John Swana - Joe Magnarelli, Philly-New York Junction (Criss Cross) $8 NOW $6

Phil Woods and the Festival Orchestra, Celebration (Concord promo) $6 NOW $4

Phil Woods, Souvenirs (Venus, put out by Evidence) $7 NOW $5

Phil Woods, An Affair to Remember (Evidence) $7 NOW $5

Sittin In (Getz, Gillespie, Hawkins, Gonsalves, Wynton Kelly, J.C. Heard, Wendell Marshall) (Verve) $7 NOW $5

PM sent regarding the following;

Cannonball Adderley, At The Lighthouse (Capitol) $6 NOW $4

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Three Blind Mice Volume 1 (Blue Note) $6 NOW $4

Kenny Drew, Talkin' & Walkin' (BN) $12 NOW $6

Red Garland, The P.C. Blues (Prestige VICJ Mono (meaning, Japanese issue) $10 NOW $7

Grant Green, Solid (BN) $7 NOW $5

Lou Rawls with Less McCann Ltd, Stormy Monday (BN) $6 NOW $4

Lou Rawls, The Capitol Jazz and Blues Sessions (Capitol) $7 NOW $5

Tommy Turrentine (self-titled album originally on Time) (Audio Fidelity SACD) $12 NOW $8

Don Wilkerson, Shoutin (TOCJ) $12 NOW $9

Don Wilkerson, Preach Brother (slight crease upper left corner) $14 NOW $10

OK, I'll grab this now if available:

Thelonious Monk, Orchestra at Town Hall (OJC) $6 NOW $4

Kenny Burrell, Introducing

John Coltrane, Black Pearls (OJC) $6 NOW $4

Grant Green, Street of Dreams (BN) $7 NOW $5

Johnny Griffin and Lockjaw Davis, In Copenhagen (Storyville) $9 NOW $7

Frank Sinatra, The Main Event Live from Madison Square Garden (Reprise) $6 NOW $4