Forget Stupendous, Now Everything is Priced to Move!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to keep my non-American friends up to date, all packages went out today instead of Tuesday (I wanted to make one trip so I held off til a couple of people made their payment). So MG, Sidewinder, Denis, Gokhan, Yves and Marcus have all shipped, and once I get a handle on a particularly large order from New York, I'll be sending out grand totals on the latest batch of sales from the recent price cuts.

But in the meantime there's plenty of good stuff available! I really figured those mini-LPs and all of the TOCJs would be snapped up by now.

PM sent on following:

Art Blakey, Drums Around the Corner (Blue Note) $5 NOW $3

Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers with Thelonious Monk (Atlantic) $5 (not the expanded reissue) NOW $3

The Jazz Messengers, The Legacy of Art Blakey (Telarc Jazz) $6 NOW $4

Golson/Blanchard/Fuller/Keezer do the Messengers thing

Message, The Art of Blakey (Evidence) $6 NOW $4

Brian Lynch, Ralph Moore, Robin Eubanks, Donald Harrison do the Messengers thing

Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis/Sonny Stitt, (LRC) $5 NOW $2

Joyce Dicamillo Trio with Houston Person (Seaside) $5 NOW $2

James Van Buren Meets Teddy Edwards Live at Vartan Jazz, promo, no insert, with jewel case $4 (Vartan) NOW $2

Tommy Flanagan, For Bird, Monk, Trane and Thad (JazzFest) $6 NOW $4

Beauty and the Beast, the Jazz Networks (Hargrove-Hart) (Novus) $5 NOW $3

Jimmy McGriff, McGriff's House Party (Milestone Promo) $6 NOW $4

Ralph Moore, Rejuvenate! (Criss Cross) $8 NOW $6

Lisa Pollard, I See Your Face Before Me (Concord) (Ray Brown, Benny Green, Grady Tate and Red Holloway in band) $6 NOW $3

Mulgrew Miller and Wingspan, The Sequel (MaxJazz) $7 NOW $4

Calogero Marrali Quartet with Jim Snidero, Homage to Jackie McLean (Splasch) $7 NOW $4

Kevin Mahogany, pride and Joy (Telarc) $7 NOW $4

Ned Otter, The Secrets Inside (two and four) Rotondi, Smulyan, Mabern in band - $7 NOW $4

Miles Davis All-Stars/Walkin (Prestige) 20-Bit K2, with outer sleeve - $10 NOW $6

Ella Fitzgerald/Count Basie/Joe Williams, One O'Clock Jump (Verve) $7 NOW $4

Dinah Washington, After Hours with Miss D (EmArcy) $7 NOW $4

Ben Webster, And Associates (Verve) $7 NOW $4

Harry Edison and his Orchestra, Sweets (Clef) $7 NOW $4

Buddy Rich & Sweets Edison (Norgran) $7 NOW $4

Carl Allen & Manhattan Projects, Piccadilly Square (Timeless) $6 NOW $4

Carl Allen & Manhattan Projects, Dreamboat (Timeless) $6 NOW $4

Carl Allen & Manhattan Projects, Echoes of Our Heroes (Alfa Jazz) $6 NOW $4

Carl Allen & Manhattan Projects, We Remember Cannonball (Alfa - Evidence) $6 NOW $4

Louie Bellson Quintet, Raincheck (Concord) $6 NOW $4

Dave Brubeck, Brubeck & Rushing (Columbia) $6 NOW $4

Kenny Burrell, Midnight at the Village Vanguard (Evidence) $6 NOW $4

Kenny Burrell, Then Along Came Kenny - Live at the Village Vanguard (Evidence) $6 NOW $4

Kenny Burrell, Lucky So and So (Concord) $6 NOW $4

Kenny Burrell and the Jazz Heritage All-Stars (Concord) $6 NOW $4

Kevin Mahogany, You Got What It Takes (enja) $7 NOW $5

Kevin Mahogany, Double Rainbow (enja) $7 NOW $5

Melvin Rhyne, Boss Organ (Criss Cross) $7

Keeps me sane at work for a week listening to new stuff, and then I pass most of them on to new homes eventually at around the same price. basically breaking even financially on it and learning about more music. Works for me and Dan is glad to sell them, so win-win.

Do you get to listen to music while you're at work, John? If so, I am super jealous!

It is true that John passes the music on at low prices. At least he has to me in the past.

Keeps me sane at work for a week listening to new stuff, and then I pass most of them on to new homes eventually at around the same price. basically breaking even financially on it and learning about more music. Works for me and Dan is glad to sell them, so win-win.

Do you get to listen to music while you're at work, John? If so, I am super jealous!

It is true that John passes the music on at low prices. At least he has to me in the past.

I've dealt with Felser as both buyer and seller. He pays promptly and sells at a very resonable price- aces to me. :tup:tup:tup

I've dealt with Felser as both buyer and seller. He pays promptly and sells at a very resonable price- aces to me. :tup:tup:tup

He's a great guy, no doubt, but if no one else takes advantage of these prices, its gonna be time to pack it in.

Which is to say, the list is now updated for the PM received. Everything else is available, no waiting. :g

There are quite a few CDs that have been listed at rather cheap prices in spite of being out of print for quite awhile.

An example was Sphere: Bird Songs, which lists when it appears on line for $50-$75 typically.

There have to be a number of other bargains remaining, though I pretty much have what I need from this list.

Special Weather Statement:

I had hopes that Hurricane Ike, which may be the strongest hurricane to threaten Florida since Andrew, would manage to pass us by but this is growing increasingly unlikely. Therefore the processing of orders is going to cease by tomorrow as my wife and I go about the process of securing no less than four houses owned by family members (the hurricane isn't interrupting their planned cruise to the Bahamas).

The following people had packages shipped on Thursday:

Chuck

Tom

Drew

Patrick

Shane

Patience from the remaining customers (Stefan, Clifford, Vint, JF, Scott, Ben, Perry, Al and Erick) is appreciated. Payments from anyone who has received a total but not yet paid are also appreciated, since we'll need all the money we can get if we have to get the hell out of Dodge. ;)