ECM Touchstones

montg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I didn't already have Gnu High, that would be the first one I would pick up. I think I found this used at Jazz Record Mart here in Chicago.

I found that many if not all of these Touchstone CDs are still available as Amazon MP3s (even if the CD had gone out of print), and in some cases quite reasonable (under $8), so that might be the route to go, esp. if you don't want to wait until Sept.

I think these are the ones I will pick up:

John Surman - Private City

Ralph Towner - Solstice

John Abercrombie / Dave Holland / Jack DeJohnette - Gateway

Ralph Towner - Batik

I'm a little on the fence about Jan Garbarek - I Took Up The Runes. Any thoughts?

I'll probably just download these from Amazon:

John Abercrombie/Ralph Towner - Sargasso Sea

Tomasz Stanko - Balladyna

John Abercrombie - Animato

So not quite as huge an order as I originally anticipated.

Borders was having a fairly impressive in-store sale today (30% off all CDs), and I picked up 4 - Gateway, Balladyna, Sargasso Sea and Dave Holland's Extension. I don't think they had the Towners in stock. So I was pretty consistent, but I decided I wasn't that into solo sax (Private City) and that Animato sounded way too New Agey. If I have a chance, I will check out one other Borders to see if they have the Towner titles, and then I think I will be done.

• 10 years later...
On ‎02‎.‎02‎.‎2019 at 2:13 AM, bluesoul said:

What's with the 50 for 50? 50 in total with the new ones (of which I've just received half a dozen), or 50 new ones with more to come? Sloppy news editing there ... anyway, some albums in the new batch that I either have on LP (means they don't get much play) or not at all: George Adams, Mike Nock, David Torn, Louis Sclavis, Barre Phillips and Kenny Wheeler are the ones I bought (several others I have in previous editions).