Interest in More Stupendousness?

Dan Gould

I'm curious about the level of interest in possibly offering my blues CDs and the LP collection.

There are far fewer blues CDs in the collection, probably 200 or so, there's a strong concentration in electric blues with a lot of B.B. King, Chicago artists, Lowell Fulson and Freddie King among others. I can say this, I'd be disinclined to offer as deep discounts for those that don't sell as I have for the jazz CDs ...

On the LPs, we're talking about maybe 10-15 BNs but not the kind that get the big dollars (Rainbow series releases, Liberty era releases) and then a few hundred more, some rare PJs, that Rita Reys LP with the Messengers, some nice Argo LPs. I wouldn't look for collector's prices but I also doubt I'll sell many for $3-5 either.

So, are the vinyl heads ready to spend? Have I extracted too much from the Org community already?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

What kind of grading system will you be using? Guaranteed to please the magnifying-glass-users among us?

I will transport all LPs to my favorite remaining vinyl emporium, where I will visually examine each one on a simple Pass/Fail basis. Thus I will replicate the experience of most vinyl hounds by utilizing the same shitty lighting I had when I bought them in the first place. For those on the margins, I will bring them home for a second opinion from Coltrane. If he barks or wags his tail, they Pass. If he scratches them or gives me his patented quizzical expression, they Fail.

Work for you?

Dan-

There are also lots of vinyl junkies over at http://www.audiogon.com/ Good luck

What kind of grading system will you be using? Guaranteed to please the magnifying-glass-users among us?

I will transport all LPs to my favorite remaining vinyl emporium, where I will visually examine each one on a simple Pass/Fail basis. Thus I will replicate the experience of most vinyl hounds by utilizing the same shitty lighting I had when I bought them in the first place. For those on the margins, I will bring them home for a second opinion from Coltrane. If he barks or wags his tail, they Pass. If he scratches them or gives me his patented quizzical expression, they Fail.

Work for you?