Happy Birthday sidewinder!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks very much, chaps ! :) I'm glad to say that I've got the day off of work today so spinning the ol' vinyl and tucking into the Johnny Griffin bio that has been very kindly bought as a present. Later on I'll crack open a Mosaic or two (maybe even the Four Freshmen? - it is covered in cobwebs I think).

Happy Belated, Bob!

Sounds like it was a perfectly relaxing b-day, the best one can hope for.

Thanks Clifford !

Many thanks to all for the greetings - appreciated ! And thank you Christiern for the kind cutting from "The Times" a la Hum Dono :tup . Very cool. I think I have a copy of that very edition of the newspaper somewhere (or was it the Daily Telegraph? - in any case it was from that very day back in '59 when, no doubt, Van Gelders was in action churning the usual daily jazz recording gem).

Other than raining continuously, it has been a really excellent day. And to top it all I've had a great vinyl scoop, was able to get hold of a copy of the one Michael Garrick Argo LP I was really looking for for my collection - 'Troppo'. Vinyl in mint. :excited:

Edited by sidewinder