Anthony Braxton and Akiyoshi/Tabackin Mosaics up for pre-order

J.A.W.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to watch the video podcast. I know it's been said before, but for an artist whose music often seems to me to be so "intellectual" and "cold," the man himself is vibrant, personable, and quite humorous. I was on the fence about this as I'm not Braxton's biggest fan, but I've always found his arista recordings to be among his most accessible and engaging. The samples confirm this, moving this set way up the list for my future Mosaic purchases. Am I wrong in recommending this set to someone hearing Braxton for the first time? I don't think so.

I was on the fence about this as I'm not Braxton's biggest fan, but I've always found his arista recordings to be among his most accessible and engaging. The samples confirm this, moving this set way up the list for my future Mosaic purchases. Am I wrong in recommending this set to someone hearing Braxton for the first time? I don't think so.

That's it - I think it is too.

The Braxton Mosaic is already now in the Running Low page!!!!!!! Is that possible????

An error, already corrected.

Really? I haven't even been able to access their site since I pre-ordered a couple hours ago. That's lame, though, because it heavily affected my decision to buy this early. Oh well, I'd still almost certainly be buying this one eventually anyway.

The Braxton Mosaic is already now in the Running Low page!!!!!!! Is that possible????

An error, already corrected.

Really? I haven't even been able to access their site since I pre-ordered a couple hours ago. That's lame, though, because it heavily affected my decision to buy this early. Oh well, I'd still almost certainly be buying this one eventually anyway.

Obviously it was an error, how could it be running low when it wasn't even possible to pre-order the set until today?

I'm having no problems accessing the Mosaic site.

Edited by J.A.W.

Well, it's kind of ridiculous to think that this would really be "running low" so quickly. It would be unprecedented for Mosaic - by a factor of 10 at least.

My thoughts exactly.

That's why I said "Is this even possible????" I didn't say, "I have proof that this set is running low, I believe this wholeheartedly, and so should you!" Just because something is available for pre-order but can't be shipped yet doesn't mean it can't sell out. That happens all the time with very popular products, concert tickets, ipods, etc. As has been stated, Braxton has a big, dedicated Braxton fan base, and this set has been perhaps more anticipated than any other previously issued Mosaic.

I just think that if you run a business that only sells limited edition products, and you decide to report updates on whether your products are running low or last chance, it should be accurate. Otherwise don't have the page at all. It's just annoying that earlier this week the Gerald Wilson set was Last Chance and now there was another error.

Well, it's kind of ridiculous to think that this would really be "running low" so quickly. It would be unprecedented for Mosaic - by a factor of 10 at least.

My thoughts exactly.

That's why I said "Is this even possible????" I didn't say, "I have proof that this set is running low, I believe this wholeheartedly, and so should you!" Just because something is available for pre-order but can't be shipped yet doesn't mean it can't sell out. That happens all the time with very popular products, concert tickets, ipods, etc. As has been stated, Braxton has a big, dedicated Braxton fan base, and this set has been perhaps more anticipated than any other previously issued Mosaic.

Like I said in post #13, how could it be running low when it wasn't even possible to pre-order the set until today??

We aren't all sitting on piles of money smoking weed like you lucky Dutch! I have to be careful about when I spend my dough.

Sheesh, here we go again... I'm fed up with these stupid prejudices, they stopped being funny a long time ago. Windmills, tulips and clogs next, probably.

Edited by J.A.W.

Is there a misprint in the discography for the Akiyoshi/Tabackin set? The title track for the album "Long Yellow Road" is listed as "Yellow Brick Road".

http://www.mosaicrecords.com/discography.a...;copies=3%20CDs

DISC ONE

1. Elegy (A) 9:10

2. Memory (A) 10:23

3. Kogun (A) 6:06

4. American Ballad (A) 5:46

5. Henpecked Old Man (A) 9:11

6. Yellow Brick Road (A) 6:23

7. The First Night (B) 4:50

8. Opus Number Zero (B)10:04

9. Quardrille, Anyone? (B) 6:18

10. Children In The Temple Ground (B) 5:26