Anthony Braxton and Akiyoshi/Tabackin Mosaics up for pre-order

J.A.W.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fyi:

With the upcoming release of Mosaic's "Complete Arista Recordings" box, I thought it might be useful to republish those LPs' original liner notes (which will not be included with the box), as well as some previously-published writings about these albums by Ran Blake, John Corbett, Art Lange, & John Litweiler.

I've made these texts available in two forms:

from within my Braxton discography:

http://www.restructures.net/BraxDisco/BraxDisco.htm

and as iPaper:

http://tinyurl.com/Arista

When viewing the iPaper versions, I recommend maximizing the viewing space by clicking the little box at the top-right corner of the document, and then adjusting the zoom; you can select different View Modes via the "iPaper" menu at the top left. These iPaper documents can also be downloaded as pdfs.

From within the discography, these texts can be accessed via the new "essays & reviews" link in the upper-left frame of the discography; you can also click on the icon which appears in an albums's discography entry.

In addition, I've added Composition Notes for each of the compositions which appears in the Mosaic box (except for Comp. 40P, which I hope to add soon). The Composition Notes can be accessed via the page for the particular composition that appears in the lower-right frame: e.g., go to a particular album entry in the main discography, click on the composition, and then the page for that composition (with the graphic title and a list of recordings featuring that composition) will appear in the lower-left frame, where you'll see an icon and red text which you'll click on to bring up the Composition Notes. Again, for the moment, Composition Notes are available only for those compositions which appear on the Arista albums.

Thanks to all of the authors for giving me permission to republish these texts.

Jason

ps - If you find any bad links, please let me know

Link on Heffley's website is no longer active.

Just scan your mouse over the "Click here" line and the link should show up as active--I just went to it. For some reason, it doesn't look to be active when you first glance at it, but it is.

Thanks, that works.

I've bought a mosaic set once without the box or booklet at a used music store. Couldn't pass up the Sam Rivers set for $40. I figured over time the discs just got separated from the booklet and box.

But it is definitely sketchy and a whole 'nother thing to put up the Braxton mosaic discs still wrapped, but without the box, and before most people who preordered the set have even received their sets. Odd. :unsure: