Helmet didn't matter

jacman

Some motorcyclists think they are indestructible they find out in the split second before death, that they are not!!!

I still shutter when I think about this on time I am driving thru Atlanta on I-75 and I see a bunch of young guys driving in the HOV lane on race bikes, popping wheelies!!!! :ph34r: Did I mention it was nighttime, and I was doing 75-80, and they were passing me like I was standing still??? What really made me feel ill, was when one guy was just on one wheel, and decided to leave the far right lane and go over a lane, across those reflective bumps :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Thought for sure I was going to see him die, somehow he just rocked a bit....wonder if he is still alive a few months later.....

Edited by BERIGAN

Thanks for the warning jacman but does this type of post really belong on this board? (I looked because I rode a bike for almost 15 years.)

What could possibly be the purpose of your starting this type of thread? Can we look forward to future automotive atrocities? (With warnings, of course.)

I don't know your age but I've been troubled by this ogling of death which seems to be a fascination for a certain sector of the young -- most disturbingly with by beautiful (now) 18 year old niece.

She outgrew it.

Please...

I will take the other side. I did not need to see this. Keep this crap off the board.

I certainly won't argue against this position, Chuck, but I guess I take a more laissez-faire attitude towards what people post.

The horrible image contained here, however, continues to linger in my mind.

My preference is to support Chuck. We could do without this stuff. View the board as a pleasant place to interact with humourous and intelligent and decent friends.

but I guess I take a more laissez-faire attitude towards what people post.

The horrible image contained here, however, continues to linger in my mind.

I agree conn. I appreciate the fact that we can be adults around here, but I can also see Chuck's point.

I do appreciate that Jacman warned us that the content wasn't pleasant. But since I'm a curious cat, I had to see it. Yuck!

Jacman really did me a favor because I was considering getting a motorcycle. After having those horrible images bouncing around my head all day, I'm sticking with my car.

:rsmile:

Well, at least thanks for the warning. I did not look at the picture -- my brother died in a motorcycle accident. I don't need to be reminded how he probably looked like when he died. You know, the person was real, with a family that are still grieving that he/she is dead.

Does anyone want to see a picture of a two week old baby boy, showered in glass and metal after being removed from a car that was hit by a speeding 'born again biker' travelling on the wrong side of the road?

No... thought not.

Spare me sympathy for these cretins. I'll show you where it is in the dictionary, between 'shit' and 'syphallis'.

By the way, jacman, I understand you deleting the link, but deleting your post later was a bit much I feel. My feeling is that, if you go to far in a response, you should face up to it and let it stand. It might help remind you to control your responses in the future.

Okay, it hasn't worked for me so far... :wacko:

By the way, jacman, I understand you deleting the link, but deleting your post later was a bit much I feel. My feeling is that, if you go to far in a response, you should face up to it and let it stand. It might help remind you to control your responses in the future.

Okay, it hasn't worked for me so far... :wacko:

i thought about that, but i really didn't want to create any hard feelings, or get in a fight with anyone. i chatted with Jim about it and told him i was gonna delete them and he was cool with it.