Strange looking Ellington Mosaic issue!!!

Alfred

The version of Rhapsody In Blue on the first disc of this recording, where Duke gives Harry Carney on bari the opening part usually played by clarinet, has my radio listeners going ape: I've had more calls on that one tune in the last week since I bought this set than I have on anything else on the air.

No comments, except, thanks for the tip!

The sound samples were intriguing, much better than I would have thought considering some of the material.

Even with VAT and postage for Sweden it isn't that expensive.

Ordered my copy of the set last evening.

Now I look forward to hearing some great music.

In the Netherlands the Mulligan set is already available through Universal. It's the same as the Mosaic but with another number on the side (so not the regular Mosaic MD4-221).

The set also has a promo sticker on the back of the box with advertisement why you should buy the set!!!

The set appears to be made in the USA and not in the EU as Michael C. told me.

Anyway it's not cheaper than ordering it directly at Mosaic and...Mosaic doesn't get a penny from these sets so if you want to support them please order it directly.

Cheers,

Reinier

• 3 weeks later...

The version of Rhapsody In Blue on the first disc of this recording, where Duke gives Harry Carney on bari the opening part usually played by clarinet, has my radio listeners going ape: I've had more calls on that one tune in the last week since I bought this set than I have on anything else on the air.

Same thing here, Lazaro. I played it on July 4th this summer & got several phone inquiries. Amazing what Duke does w/it in what, 4 minutes? 5?