is clementine lost and gone forever?

Bright Moments

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are we so sure that Clem deleted his own posts? It was a moderator who began first to delete Chris Albertson's posts -

Sigh.

It was NOT a moderator that deleted Chris' posts. He claims that, but he is mistaken. I not only asked my brother about it (who would not lie to me, especially about something so inconsequential) and I checked the moderator logs. He (my brother) did not delete any of Chris' posts. Larry did not do it. Nor MG. Nor myself. The person deleting Chris' posts was Chris.

Woah! Kind of like Number One being the Prisoner.

I did not call him a liar; you guys are quite amazing. I merely posted what I had been told - Jim responded in kind. Maybe I was wrong. But I did not call him a liar; there's a difference. Why don't we ask him, or is it easier just to cast aspersions and mask personal attacks as alleged attempts at clarification?

Any moderators paying attention to this? or will this turn into the usual crap? Jeez, this is why I've been avoiding this place lately-

Edited by AllenLowe

Chuck, what are you talking about, or do you have any idea what you are talking about or are you just typing?

try reading - we were not talking about whether or not I was wrong but whether I called Jim a liar - maybe not a big difference in your world but a big difference in mine -

I do know why I've been avoiding this place, and if growing up means to be like you, than I now understand Peter Pan -

I don't need anyone to defend me nor does my brother. I am stating a fact. I checked the moderation logs once Chris' posts were disappearing. The person deleting them was Chris, not my brother or any other moderator. My brother was the one who warned me against people leaving in a huff and doing exactly that (deleting their posts on the way out). If he was deleting Chris' posts, I would have seen it in the moderation logs. It was not there.

Allen wasn't calling me a liar; he was just repeating what he'd heard (read). No need for people to get all huffy.

Relax! We're supposed to be talking about music not throwing around insults and accusations!

Given the choice between the veracity of Jim or you, you lose every time, Chris.

Was I wrong about the WMDs Dan? You called me all kinds of vile names back then, so it must have been tough to realize that I was right and you ere way off. :) You may recall the aforementioned gutter language that you resorted to years ago when all I had done was to voice a political opinion that contrasted with yours. Well, do you also recall how I went out of my way to help you when you decided to enter the jazz writing field? I guess not, but I am not sorry that I buried the hatchet at that time turned to a positive approach. It obviously meant nothing to you, but it taught me a sad lesson.

Dan Gould: "We can just consider your latest promise never to return as one reason not to believe you.

I did not make any "promise" like that, but truth is not your metier, is it? This kind of nonsense is precisely why Organissimo no longer holds any interest for me—mean-spirited argumentative posters and snooty, infantile remarks add nothing to any forum, and they have even less weight when posted anonymously.

So, Dan, although I made no "promise" to make my departure permanent, I will probably go that route now. The other day, I posted a link to an outrageous lobbyist's hypocritical deceits,a day or so later, a link to the sad news of Cronkite's death (both posts were made sans comment). I did so, because I thought these items might be of interest to some of the good people here; it was not an attempt to "return", although some people thought it might be. I thank those who had positive things to say, but let's hope we can meet up in a friendlier atmosphere—too many untruths and slurs from posters and administrators have soured me on a forum that I once couldn't say enough good things about. In all fairness, I understand why Jim feels a need to protect his baby brother, and perhaps I should not have mentioned what he did, but.... Removing over the line political utterings is one thing, but the censorship I became a victim of was totally unpolitical, just letters, photos and mementos that I wanted to share and which many of you encouraged me to continue.

Apropos fairness, I should mention (again) that baby bro probably noticed a few photos disappearing from my "came across" thread and jumped to the conclusion that I had deleted them. In fact, it was my mistake to move them from the site where I had parked them—I should have realized that doing so would make them inaccessible by other bards. It was also, imho baby bro's mistake to jump the gun. Anyway, that's water under the bridge and the Gould and "Rock Center" sandbox gang can rejoice.

I can't believe that I am back here writing this, but it is obviously beyond my power of restraint to not just sit back when lies are being told about me. I will continue to miss many of the posters here, but my return peeks tell me that I made a wise decision, and if it makes other members happy? Hey,all the better. :) The armchair analysts will now scrutinize what I have said, but I ain't returning to read their opinions. Jim, I'm sorry that it came to this—if it can be done, you have my blessings to totally exclude me from this site.

Allan, I appreciate the fact that you stepped in for me, and I thank all who sent e-mail and did not simply buy the spin the shrinking O seems to be in.

Finally...

Gould: Maybe its time for a new "death pool" - whose passing will bring Albertson back again?

Huh?

Once again you are a contemptible joke, Albertson.

Everyone who read your final message took it to be precisely that:

"WAH WAH WAH, I am never coming back again. And Jim has been deleting my posts."

You disappeared (again) and as predicted at the time, as usual you came back, once again firing accusations at the owner of the site. So let me say once more:

I am absolutely certain that Jim is telling the truth about your acts when you left the last time, and I am absolutely certain that you are a lying sack of shit.

And if you are truly going to make your departure permanent, thank you oh so much. But how many times has it been? How many times have you announced your departure over one thing or another, only to come back, again and again and again?

Boy, it's impossible for some people to leave well enough alone isn't it?

For the last time, nobody deleted any of your posts except for you, Chris. I am not protecting anyone. I am not lying. I wouldn't waste my time doing so and risk damaging my reputation and integrity over something so incredibly inconsequential.

There is a culture of disrespect on this board that I take full responsibility for because I allowed things to be very free on here for too long, assuming that people would act with courtesy and maturity. I was wrong. I'm working to reign things in more but it will take time. I think the moderators overall are doing a good job. I will instruct them to be even more strict.