Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Posts Posted on: Jul 28 2008, 02:00 PM

Master of the Groove!

Group: Members

Member No.: 209

ah, gentleman paul!

joseph kennedy vs. frank sinatra?

who has (a lot) more blood & other fluids on their hands?

now extend that forwards & back, to what you "hear" & what you "heard" (as the old Bert Williams song goes).

also, although to me it's just party music & not something "deep" (even if infinite compared to sodden white boy stinkbombs like fucking Pigpen), what about...

Sonny Boy Williamson, say?

or Liberace for that matter!!

Muddy Waters mostly bores me too but he was steady rolling WHAT (or should i say whom) again?

thanks in advance,

edc

gulfport, fla

dreadful sorry clementine!

:o

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondered the same thing myself recently in another thread--somebody replied to the effect that he was pretty busy with writing projects. Still, a loooooong spell of absence by Mr. C's standards. He still seems to be posting fairly regularly at WWIB (I've always assumed that all of the contributors are C himself, though I could be wrong... in any event, WWIB is a great read, even if--especially if, perhaps--you're not a native New Yorker/Brooklynite).

Edited by ghost of miles

I know Clementine could be pretty abrasive, but he seemed to have a pretty good sense of what he was talking about and he expressed himself in an absolutely unique manner. I enjoyed reading his posts whether I agreed with him or not. He was (is) the kind of person who adds texture to the kind of discussion group we have here.

Up over and out.

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

I'M CLEMENTINE

He still seems to be posting fairly regularly at WWIB (I've always assumed that all of the contributors are C himself,

though I could be wrong...in any event, WWIB is a great read, even if--especially if, perhaps--you're not a native New Yorker/Brooklynite).

WWIB = Who Walk In Brooklyn (for those who don't know)

WWIB Link:

http://www.whowalkinbrooklyn.com/

It's how you become "Super Bad." Or a Microtonalist for that matter! ;)

Post count envy? Most of that happened years ago...apparently some people need more of a life than I do.

edit: When you mention "Microtonalist", it sounds like you're not referring to Clem, but to that bitter, unhappy clique of folks who hate music. I see NPR is going to help them become popular with the impressionable youth of today...

Edited by 7/4

I know Clementine could be pretty abrasive, but he seemed to have a pretty good sense of what he was talking about and he expressed himself in an absolutely unique manner. I enjoyed reading his posts whether I agreed with him or not. He was (is) the kind of person who adds texture to the kind of discussion group we have here.

Up over and out.

Maybe he's simply taken time off to learn how to punctuate.

It's how you become "Super Bad." Or a Microtonalist for that matter! ;)

Post count envy? Most of that happened years ago...apparently some people need more of a life than I do.

edit: When you mention "Microtonalist", it sounds like you're not referring to Clem, but to that bitter, unhappy clique of folks who hate music. I see NPR is going to help them become popular with the impressionable youth of today...

I feel you - was just joshin'.