Anybody seen or heard from Matthew?

ghost of miles

I think it was a combination of feeling he was spending too much time on the board, coupled with disgust about the tone of the board, namely a thread and some posts critical of Oscar Peterson that popped up immediately after Oscar's death. I think he found the timing (rather than the criticism itself) distasteful.

I think I spotted him over at Hoffman shortly after he left here, but lost him amongst all of the Monkees threads and "DCC or MSFL Olivia Newton-John Greatest Hits" debates. (Okay, I made up the the latter, but you know how it is over there.)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's nice to know that I'm semi-remembered around here. Yes, I have had "real life" intervene: I now have a new position, much more responsibility, and an killing travel schedule -- spent all of September in Madagascar & Uganda and I've been in my home about twelve days since September 1. I also just needed time away from the org. as I was letting some of the things going on here have too much of an effect on me. So I took a vacation, but still checked in on the action. It was an act of tremendous self-control not to sign up and ride Dan about the choke job that J.D. Drew did in game seven of the ALCS (sorry Dan!). So, since I would like to begin anew, I thought I'd use my other name that I've used on other boards and start all over again here. Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.