Hoops 2008-2009

Gad, the Mavs suck right now! Third game in a row they've lost after leading to start the 4th quarter. They're losing because they're still doing the same stupid shit that has caused them to choke for the last three years: taking the jump shots and avoiding the paint like it was a quicksand trap.

Honestly, they need to dump everybody who was a Mav when Nellie was still in town because they are STILL trying to play Nellie-ball. And failing miserably.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing the Jazz Kitchen tonight so I didn't see the Pistons/Lakers game. I have to say I'm shocked the Pistons won. And the Nuggets beat the Celtics. Perhaps this trade was a good thing for both teams.

I still miss Mr. Big Shot. :)

The Pistons just flat out played the Lakers last night, in every aspect of the game. Anyone catch the Hawks/Celtic game? Great game for November, the East have some very good teams this year.

Well not only did the Pistons beat the Lakers and the Nuggets defeat the C's but the Sixers came back from a 26 point deficit to beat the Pacers last night in Indiana. I turned the game off in utter disgust at the end of the first quarter when the Pacers were up 38-15. :crazy:

The Lakers played like a JV girls' team last night, and the poor play was somewhat a carryover from their Tuesday night 4th quarter against New Orleans when they nearly squandered a 21-point lead. On the flip side the Pistons shot about 65% and had errant threes and free throws banking in. Can't win 'em all, and some nights the ball bounces the other way.

The key to the Lakers' success so far has been balance, from both the first and second teams.

• 2 weeks later...

I am dusgusted.

Did not see the game you mentioned but understand the pain. I feel it.

The question is:

HOW COULD JOE D HAVE DONE THIS?? I mean, Detroit is not the only team, preparing cap room for the very near future. Did Joe do this? Has he written off this season? What about the morale, man, it can get pretty low the way they are playing? Ai is NEVER going to practice the way "teams" practice. You would think he would get it through his thick head what the main reason is that his teams have never won a championship. Pistons now have three teams to go through to get to the Finals; Boston, Cleveland, and New Orleans. Crap :angry:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-p...p&type=lgns

Pistons punish Iverson after missing practice

DETROIT (AP)—Allen Iverson apparently chose family and food over practice— and he’ll be fined for it.

Iverson was the only player who didn’t show up when the Detroit Pistons worked out on Thanksgiving.

Coach Michael Curry confirmed Iverson will be fined, will not start Friday night against the Milwaukee Bucks and might not play in the game for missing the practice.

After Detroit traded for the superstar, Iverson insisted he would do whatever Curry wanted him to and even mocked his famous rant about practice while playing for the Philadelphia 76ers.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

Well there you go...

I said it five days ago and the ugly "me" has raised his ugly head already. And he will probably say I wanted to see my family. Bullshit, all that money everybody is paying owns him and makes him obligated to practice with the team. He just doesn't get it. I hope they dump him asap and that he never wins a championship, he deserves to not win. He never grew up.

:angry::rmad:

HOLY CRAP!!! WHAT HAPPENED TONIGHT IN DETROIT????

I turned the game off about midway through the 3rd with the Sixers down by 12 or 13. I figured that they had been down the whole game and playing the 2nd night of a back to back, on the road, w/out Elton Brand... Well you do the math.

Both teams were playing pretty poorly tonight. Iverson just isn't meshing w/ the rest of those guys.

Reggie Theus has been canned by Sacramento. No surprise there, I watched the Kings vs. Knicks game, and the Kings looked dead, uninterested, and like a team that has given up on its coach. BTW, I've been following the Knicks this year, and they're a fun team to watch, hope they make the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What the heck is going on with the Celtics? They lose again tonight to the Knicks, and didn't look very good at that, their bench stunk. After going 29-2, their last six games are 2-4, with losses to Golden State and now the Knicks. They might not be as good as everyone thought.

I'm all about the NCAA hoops and don't care about the NBA.

UNC lost to BC- I guess they're not invincible!

I'm going to the NCAA First/Second Round games in Greensboro NC- possibily the best sporting event I've ever been to!!

I'm the exact opposite, I love the NBA but could care less about college, though watching the NCAA would be very cool. I would imagine that UNC will get to go to Greensboro as a No. 1 seed.

What the heck is going on with the Celtics? They lose again tonight to the Knicks, and didn't look very good at that, their bench stunk. After going 29-2, their last six games are 2-4, with losses to Golden State and now the Knicks. They might not be as good as everyone thought.

That's funny, :excited: didn't somebody say that same thing last year. How quick we jump ship.

EVERY TEAM goes through a loss spell at some time every year.

The Pistons are actually looking pretty good. Stuckey is a stud. I can see now why Dumars traded Billups. I'm afraid the next move is to trade Rip for someone who is more reliable. I hate to say it, but I don't think they need Rip anymore.

Then again, AI might just be here for the season, so having Rip next year would be a good thing. But somebody needs to be the sixth man, either AI or Rip. Stuckey deserves the starting PG role.