Hoops 2008-2009

I haven't seen hardly any Piston games this year. They are no longer top TV draw out here in California. Cleveland has taken that spot. Pistons don't even seem to make Sportscenter much and that is bad. But if they stay hot, they get put back on the TV schedules. :huh:

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sure like to know what goes on inside Greg Odens' head. One game he'll look like he's finally getting and the next, like he just fell off the turnip truck. Against the Lakers last night, he collects all of four rebounds in 35 minutes. How can a guy that big only have four boards? You'd think with that kind of size, 10 or so would just fall into his hands. I know rebounding is all about positioning and anticipation and that it takes awhile at this level to get your sea legs, but this is ridiculous. Oden is like manic depression...a frustrating mess.

Up over and out.

I'm all about the NCAA hoops and don't care about the NBA.

UNC lost to BC- I guess they're not invincible!

I'm going to the NCAA First/Second Round games in Greensboro NC- possibily the best sporting event I've ever been to!!

I'm the exact opposite, I love the NBA but could care less about college, though watching the NCAA would be very cool. I would imagine that UNC will get to go to Greensboro as a No. 1 seed.

I can't afford NBA games and I agree the talent is remarkable- but I most enjoy watching upsets- especially the teams who play the power teams and beat them. I go to University of Richmond and Virginia Commonwealth games. They're not the ACC but good basketball.

I went to Greensboro in 2005- met 2 Seton Hall fans who drove all night from Orange NJ to watch then get trounced by Wichita State- first game of the sessions- we bought them beers to drown their sorrows.....and meeting a couple of hundred Wichita State fans who drove 16 hours for their games.......and during the Duke Southern U game- watched Southern University's band whip the joint into a frenzy with their playing and high stepping, while Duke's band did the "we're not worthy" moves.....

I love March Madness!

For me, the NCAA tournament is very exciting basketball to watch--especially to see the talent that will be moving on to the NBA. March Madness always features really great finishes and upsets and lots of emotion. Great fun to watch. However, basketball is never played at a higher level than by the elite teams in the NBA. As a basketball fan, I can't help but enjoy both. Besides, if a person only watched the NCAA, that person would never see Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, or LeBron James, to name three of the greatest players in the universe who never suited up for a university. Maybe there's less romance, but I get the same rush watching the NBA playoffs as I do the tournament.

For me, the NCAA tournament is very exciting basketball to watch--especially to see the talent that will be moving on to the NBA. March Madness always features really great finishes and upsets and lots of emotion. Great fun to watch. However, basketball is never played at a higher level than by the elite teams in the NBA. As a basketball fan, I can't help but enjoy both. Besides, if a person only watched the NCAA, that person would never see Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, or LeBron James, to name three of the greatest players in the universe who never suited up for a university. Maybe there's less romance, but I get the same rush watching the NBA playoffs as I do the tournament.

I agree with you......I do enjoy the playoffs and there are guys in the NBA who I never heard of until they got to the NBA.

• 4 weeks later...

61, most all-time at MSG. Kobe is second all-time in 60+ point games only to Wilt Chamberlain, who did it more than 30 times. Bryant's 20-20 from the free throw line is also in the top five all-time for most free throws without a miss.

• 2 weeks later...

The refs must have ruled that Harris had the ball knocked free momentarily by the defender to negate the traveling. Miraculous shot.

Lakers play against Durant and the artists formerly known as Sonics tonight. Durant is averaging just over 33ppg this month.

i've seen enough

the pistons will not win the NBA championship this season

:lol:

Ya think?

They are terrible. Dumars killed the team by trading Billups. I understand why he did it, but it was a still a bonehead move, imo.

Cheer up. Dave Bing is going to be your next mayor.