Penguin Guide 9th Edition

"For this completely revised ninth edition, Richard Cook and Brian Morton have reassessed each artist's entry, and updated the text to incorporate thousands of additional CDs."

I wonder how much Richard Cook was involved in this revision, since he died in August 2007 and the previous edition came out in October 2006.

"For this completely revised ninth edition, Richard Cook and Brian Morton have reassessed each artist's entry, and updated the text to incorporate thousands of additional CDs."

I wonder how much Richard Cook was involved in this revision, since he died in August 2007 and the previous edition came out in October 2006.

sounds like what they/"it" said about the previous 8th edition... still there were many goofs in there that were carried over from earlier editions. For instance the entry on Bunny Berigan... the text only takes in account two or three of five or six Chronological Classics releases and has wrong references, like "the second" disc but it's the fourth in the listing... that's the kind of good I'd expect to have been fixed if in fact someone reassessed each entry!

I had a quick skim through it in the shops last weekend. £35 is a pretty steep price though, even for us ;) . I'm suprised though that some long OOP items are given reviews, Alan Shorter's 'Orgasm' for example.

Haven't you heard the rumors of Cook and Morton following the teachings of tantrism?

I had a quick skim through it in the shops last weekend. £35 is a pretty steep price though, even for us ;) . I'm suprised though that some long OOP items are given reviews, Alan Shorter's 'Orgasm' for example.

Around half that price from Amazon UK with free postage.

£24.19 from amazon.uk with free postage. Aphrohead (via amazon) still the cheapest option at £17.70 plus £2.75 shipping.

£24.19 from amazon.uk with free postage. Aphrohead (via amazon) still the cheapest option at £17.70 plus £2.75 shipping.

Increased in price then, I checked and mine was £19.50 (free post)!

From Amazon:

2,000 new discs in this edition Over 400 new artist listings 'It's the kind of book that you'll yank off the shelf to look up a quick fact and still be reading two hours later' Fortune 'Part jazz history, part jazz Karma Sutra

Kaa Sutra is an even older book:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-...ong-621517.html

Edited by jostber

Increased in price then, I checked and mine was £19.50 (free post)!

Still £24.19. Hope amazon isn't operating a north/south divide! :huh:

The latest Penguin Guide was due out this week. Just heard from Amazon UK that it's been delayed. Expected by end of November.

This is now definitely published (at least in the UK) as I checked with the publisher today.

It's out there and in the racks, Roger ! :)

Not at my local Waterstones, where it was not on the racks and wasn't on order. After a ten minute search for the item, they ordered it for me. I'm starting to wish I'd just ordered the damn thing from Amazon.

The latest Penguin Guide was due out this week. Just heard from Amazon UK that it's been delayed. Expected by end of November.

This is now definitely published (at least in the UK) as I checked with the publisher today.

It's out there and in the racks, Roger ! :)

I'm starting to wish I'd just ordered the damn thing from Amazon.

Well, you'd be saving £££££s for a start!