Blindfold Covers

A Lark Ascending

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected and have changed the volume number to 40 (and I moved the whole shebang over to this thread from another one ... which is now, err, gone ... in case you are wondering what all of this is about). :g

I've got the covers (and I will be adding more until I get to select the tracks for one future volume).

Now, let's see if I fulfill the requirements ... I'll hop over to the sign-up thread.

org_bft_40.jpg

org_bft_40b.jpg

Edited by deus62

Could I have the "Cool Tea Leaves" award instead, please? The only vice I don't have is coffee. :g

BTW

Yesterday I saw on eBay.com that someone is selling a bunch of Blue Note cover reproductions. High quality prints in various sizes.

Has anyone ever heard of this project which was apparently shelved soon after it was started?

Here is a link. Check out the many other reproductions via the "View seller's other items" link.

[link still active for 5 days as from now]

Classic BLUE NOTE JAZZ PRINTS.........For your consideration, a Limited-edition print of a PAUL CHAMBERS Classic BLUE NOTE JAZZ album Cover....BASS ON TOP!!!! This, among other covers was reproduced with painstaking detail, printed on acid-free stock and authorized by Blue Note Records. This print captures one of the unforgetable album covers in the trademark AVANT-GARDE graphics of the BLUE NOTE era. Intended printing was 495 per size, with fewer than 100 of each actually printed before the project halted production.

Cheers!

Edited by deus62

those covers = COOL BEANS!

award1.gif

I'm running out of Pictures for my cover series.

Why don't you take over for the next ten or so?

:g Check out photocase.de. You are allowed to download 3 images a day (high-quality ... some really good stuff - I took the ones for the two covers from there).

But, the whole thing is "Sprechen Sie, Krauten Sie, y'all."

IMHO, the best license-free image site on the web.

Cheers!

P.S.: Don't tell on me, but I have ten accounts there (for emergency reasons), but they will catch you if you don't mask your IP!

I made a cover quick for volume 6. :g

I saved with 80% compression and some of the red bleeds a bit, but if anyone wants it (try printing THAT with your color inkjet printer!), I can send it at full quality.

org_bft_06a.jpg

Cheers!

P.S.: I shouldn't be having that much fun, but I am. So more might be forthcoming. I'll use my next cigarette break for another one.