New Sony "Classic Albums" sets

garthsj

For those of you who like sets of classic albums to keep in the car, here is a series of Sony boxed sets I found on French Amazon ... The price is very good given the decline of the Euro vs. the $$ right now ... Have these been remastered in any way, I wonder?

This is the Miles Davis set; the info for the other sets is also found on this page:

http://www.amazon.fr/Original-Album-Classi.../ref=pd_sbs_m_1

Dusty Groove has been carrying these. . . .Not too expensive! I don't think these are remastered in any way.

I don't have a car. . . :)

.... and you live in Texas .. call yourself a REAL man! <_<

Thanks .. I should have checked U.S. sources .. I see that Caiman, through Amazon, are selling these for about $20.00 ... a good deal ...

Edited by garthsj

Now have I ever called myself a REAL man? :) The closest I've come is to describe myself as a loving manly man!

I do now have a motorcycle, after having no vehicle for ten years. I love my Harley Davidson Dynaglide "Fat Bob!"

The only one of these sets that wouldn't be a total duplication for me is the Stanley Clarke, and I'm not really that jazzed about those sessions. . . .

Received the Weather Report box today. Sturdy slipcase holding 5 cover repro packages and no extra notes. Slimmer than 2 cds and convenient for the car.

I see it is listed for $13.95 + shipping again.

The prices continuously go up and down - they must be tied to some sort of algorithm, where if someone purchases it, the subsequent price goes up, and if no one purchases it within a certain amount of time, it goes down.

The best way to deal with it is to put the title in your shopping cart, and check the cart every day or so - if the price fluctuates, it'll be reflected in the cart. Grab it at its low point. I'm currently tracking the Monk, Benson, and Ellington titles in this way.