Q - Tip - The Renaissance

SpaceEquator

Well im very glad i stumbled upon this forum...unfortunately it was related to the injury of Mark Turners fingers...anyways i just picked up long time hip hop mc/producer Q-Tips new album entitled "The Renaissance", i heard guitarist Kurt Rosenwinkel worked 6 years on this album with him due to label difficulties...anyways after hearing he was on it i had to get the album....

i was not let down....im not sure how into Hip Hop alot of you old and new timers are but there are alot of great musical ideas and adaptations on this record....

D'angelo, and Norah Jones are also on this.

Well im very glad i stumbled upon this forum...unfortunately it was related to the injury of Mark Turners fingers...anyways i just picked up long time hip hop mc/producer Q-Tips new album entitled "The Renaissance", i heard guitarist Kurt Rosenwinkel worked 6 years on this album with him due to label difficulties...anyways after hearing he was on it i had to get the album....

i was not let down....im not sure how into Hip Hop alot of you old and new timers are but there are alot of great musical ideas and adaptations on this record....

I picked this up last week and thought it was quite good. I didn't know that Rosenwinkle was in it, though!

I picked this up last week and thought it was quite good. I didn't know that Rosenwinkle was in it, though!

yes i love rosenwinkel on hip hop albums, i think he makes another 'hip hop' ish camio on a cd by the group wax poetic or something like that....

ts not as cool at all though in my opinion because whoever produced that cd didnt seem to understand that kurt has a better ear for hip hop than them...haha.