Gil Melle - Complete Blue Note 50's Sessions

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be that Amazon has a licensing deal to make on-demand copies of certain OOP titles, just like Arkiv Music has for OOP Universal Classics titles

http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/AlbumGroup?album_group=8

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/living/ar...in_circulation/

Edited by Claude

Report back on the packaging as well, if you don't mind.

I'd be curious about the quality and contents of that on these 'CDR' type reissues.

I'm curious too.

Great compilation by the way. At first it seemed weird, but if this is a way to keep good music available, maybe it's for the best.

I'd be curious about the quality and contents of that on these 'CDR' type reissues.

I'm curious too.

Great compilation by the way. At first it seemed weird, but if this is a way to keep good music available, maybe it's for the best.

I'm a lot more encouraged by this than I am by the whole download thing, if the packaging matches the original CD and if there is a legal secondary market for them (meaning I can resell it if I decide I don't like it and don't want to keep it).

I'm curious too.

I'm a lot more encouraged by this than I am by the whole download thing, if the packaging matches the original CD and if there is a legal secondary market for them (meaning I can resell it if I decide I don't like it and don't want to keep it).

I don't know if a secondary market will exist , how would someone know if you didn't just burn it yourself ?....and is it

any better that Amazon or who ever burned the disc ?

I'm curious too.

Same here. I worry about some sort of photocopy Jazz Heritage Society-type reproduction.

Also, it depends on the software that was used to make the CD-R. Some are more accurate than others.

It's actually the ripping of the source CD that is more prone to data errors than the writing of the CD-R copy.

So this problem also exists for commercial downloads, as the files are usually taken from the existing CD release.

Of course it's not difficult to make accurate copies if you care about it and use the right drive, software and settings .

Just received my copy. Haven't opened it yet, because I'm not sure if I want to keep it.

Front cover image looks clean, not like a cheap xerox or anything. Has the black connoisseur series band on the left.

Above the bar code in microscopic print, it says "Manufactured by CreateSpace, Scotts Valley, CA."

I'm thinking of sending it back because I didn't realize it was a CD-R at first. It's fine that Amazon sells these, but CD-R should be specified in the format, IMHO.

What do think I should do?