Box Set sale at Amazon

Came across this sale. I already have the Nichols and Morgan Lighthouse boxes but this is a pretty exceptional deal for each! $24 for the Nichols box is the lowest price I think I've seen for this. The old Monk BN box is also part of the sale for only about $25.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=U...51&plpage=2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also have the Horace Silver, Jimmy Smith, and Grant Green Blue Note "Retrospective" boxes (or, respective retrospectives, try and say that five times fast!). Good prices for non-BMG/yourmusic members on the Smith and the Green.

Edited by Big Al

Hm, the Dylans seem to be around for such prizes constantly (still I don't have either of them). My dad has the LP-sized box of Bootleg Vols 1-3, but I guess the best one to get now is the long box, assuming it also has a big booklet (the one in the LP-sized box was only in long-box format, i.e. like those Fantasy boxes by Dolphy or Joe Henderson)? There also seems to be a cube box around (both of Boot 1-3 and Biograph).

I'm tempted by the Jimi Hendrix Experience box (for 34$)... it's not listed on the link above.

The Peggy Lee also looks tempting.

The Janis Joplin is rather one to skip I guess - or are the bonus bits worth getting it? I have the four albums already, in their Legacy reissues with bonus tracks...

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the tip, Matthew. This might go down as my personal best deal ever - $7.99 plus 2.98 shipping. Unbelievable! :excited:

Man I almost wish I didn't have the set already, so I could take advantage of this deal. I probably paid $50 for the CDs and booklet but no box. Of course, I have been able to enjoy the music for something like 10 years in the meantime.

However, I did take advantage of Newbury's price for the UA Bergman box (Persona, Hour of the Wolf, Passion of Anna, Serpent's Egg) for $25. http://www.amazon.com/Bergman-Special-Collection-Persona-Serpents/dp/B0001MIK6I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1263086675&sr=8-2