RCA Above-Logo Phrases

Yes, it did have excellent sound and the music was excellent as well. I sure wish I still had my copy which I foolishly sold to a traveling jazz record dealer from California. If I remember correctly he gave me twenty bucks for it. God knows how much he got for it when he sold it.

Hopefully it will form part of the boxset that Jonathan Horwich is intending to release sometime on International Phonograph.

I remember sitting in Hal Russell's Southwest Side Chicago apartment with his wife, Russell Thorne, and Russell's girlfriend Shelly Litt -- inspiration of "Knell (for Shel)" -- as we listened to a test-pressing of the about to be released album. I recall sarcastic things being said about the staginess of Joe's announcements tacked-on announcements. This was a turbulent band made up of three turbulent guys.

Wondering if that particular cutout sticker/price indicates that it came from a particular source...I got a lot of records for that price around that time, as well as some for a little more, but none more than $2.99...including the two Joe Harriot Jazzland sides. Mind-boggling from today's perspective. But that big round orange 59 cent sticker, that one imprinted, for sure.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...