animated .gif files for avatars

Templejazz

hmm....upon further investigation, I found it all depends on what program is used to open the animated .gif once it is saved on the hard drive

If an editing program like Paintbrush or Photoshop is used just the first frame will open. Uploading the file to the Forum though maintains the original animation :cool:

Giggity Giggity........giggity gooooooooo

hmm....upon further investigation, I found it all depends on what program is used to open the animated .gif once it is saved on the hard drive

If an editing program like Paintbrush or Photoshop is used just the first frame will open. Uploading the file to the Forum though maintains the original animation :cool:

I don't have an editing program, and every time I've tried to download an animated GIF it becomes a non-animated GIF on my hard drive.

I don't have an editing program, and every time I've tried to download an animated GIF it becomes a non-animated GIF on my hard drive.

Hi Tom. Here's what worked for me. I right-clicked the .gif file I had downloaded and selected 'open with....'. and picked Windows Picture & Fax Viewer, which if you have PC it should be on the list of programs to use(that is if you use Windows). From that same 'Open with' list, you can also select a web browser to open the .gif file. Both of these will open the .gif in its animated glory.

You can also choose the program to always open that file type.

On a side note, I got this info from Youtube.....I was amazed at how many 'how to's' are posted there. 'How to run itunes on a portable HD' 'How to play Bongos' 'How to convert ABC format to XYZ format' 'How to Milk a Cow' :rsmile: :rhappy: Fun Times.!

I right-clicked the .gif file I had downloaded and selected 'open with....'. and picked Windows Picture & Fax Viewer, which if you have PC it should be on the list of programs to use(that is if you use Windows). From that same 'Open with' list, you can also select a web browser to open the .gif file. Both of these will open the .gif in its animated glory.

Thanks, TJ. I'll give that a try.