carl orff

I had never looked into Carl Orff's personal life, so I am sorry to learn that it was thus flawed. That, however, does not diminish my enjoyment of Carmina Burana. As a responder to this article suggested, we would have to miss out on many great works of art if we allowed its creator's personal behavior or philosophy to guide our artistic judgment.

I had never looked into Carl Orff's personal life, so I am sorry to learn that it was thus flawed. That, however, does not diminish my enjoyment of Carmina Burana. As a responder to this article suggested, we would have to miss out on many great works of art if we allowed its creator's personal behavior or philosophy to guide our artistic judgment.

thank you for an eloquent and accurate observation.

Guest youmustbe

CARMINA is great! Like PERDIDO, can't get enough!!!

His operas seem to be out of favor. I only listened to a couple, couldn't really enjoy them. But then again, I went to hear Dr. Atomic at the Met, and it's crap. So who knows, maybe Orff's will be brought back one day.

CARMINA is great! Like PERDIDO, can't get enough!!!

His operas seem to be out of favor. I only listened to a couple, couldn't really enjoy them. But then again, I went to hear Dr. Atomic at the Met, and it's crap. So who knows, maybe Orff's will be brought back one day.

I remember in the late 60s my Dad and I did a deal. He would come with me to a Charles Lloyd concert at London's Royal Festival Hall if I went with him to a classical concert of his choosing. It was Carmina Burana and it blew me away.

I'm not sure I would consider that a betrayal of his friend - it seems unlikely he could have saved anyone in that position, and he would likely have risked his own life.

and the article is right, in that people acquiesce every day in more benign and corporate situations. I can tell you that from direct experience, that it's hard for us to tell him he should have stood up to a murderous machine when most people I work with can't stand up to the most obvious and clearly nasty (but comparatively mild) tendencies of corporate culture -

Edited by AllenLowe