Bright Moments

Sexiest album covers

12,258 posts in this topic

nice ones ubu!

Thought you'd like'em B)

They're all taken from that japanese site with those Blue Note album covers...

The Marty Paich is cool.

And maybe one of our wizards could let the calendar girls dance and shake a bit? :w

(though NOT in avatar-size...)

ubu

chetb0%20168.jpg

Isn't that an excerpt of one of Chuck Stewart's famous Chet Baker photos?

Edited by mikeweil

Yes, I believe so.

chetb0%20104.jpg

I hear the album STINKS.

chetb%200052.jpg

chetb0%20104.jpg

Are these Thai girl pics real CD covers? Bootlegs? Cheap, tasteless design!!! :tdown

I'm not sure they are Thai girls. I believe these were original lp covers from Japan, for lps of live Chet material made in Japan. Either a collector had the lps pressed and used these as his private covers, or in some similar manner the lps were released with these covers. These scans came from a Japanese collectors' website, referrenced on these pages as a haven of Blue Note lp covers.

Sorry you found them "tasteless." I don't think they were engineered to be, and I don't exactly find them to be so.

Edited by jazzbo

I don't find them tasteless, nor do I think that those two Japanese girls are "Just Friends" !

This one's for Aric . . .

bijinLP2%20009_4.jpg

I'm not sure they are Thai girls. I believe these were original lp covers from Japan, for lps of live Chet material made in Japan. Either a collector had the lps pressed and used these as his private covers, or in some similar manner the lps were released with these covers. These scans came from a Japanese collectors' website, referrenced on these pages as a haven of Blue Note lp covers.

Sorry you found them "tasteless." I don't think they were engineered to be, and I don't exactly find them to be so.

Perhaps "tasteless" is too hard a word, but to me this has overtones of an Asian brothel - amateurish would be better suited. Guess he payed Chet well for the albums, if it was "private" release.

I rather like this one from Finnish band Gjallarhorn:

120.JPG

I think that this one could easily go under "silliest jazz albums covers" as well.

Silliest and most hopeless attempt at a sexy album cover:

TimeAndAWordUK.jpg

Monty Python could have too much influence!

[When I was 16 I lent my copy to a friend who brought it back the next day...his parents refused to allow him to have it in the house!]

Edited by Bev Stapleton

On the back of this LP, it has Ed Leddy listed as playing trombone and Rosolino listed as playing trumpet. The Bill Holman arrangements are first rate, but a little dated by today's standards. I always thought the cover was nice!

I apologize for the poor image quality. I am not set up to scan large images such as an LP :(