Bright Moments

Sexiest album covers

13,021 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Screenshot-2021-08-12-103546.jpg

ūüĎĆ

ohioplayers_fire~~~~~_101b.jpg

Edited by jlhoots
must have appeared before, but worth a rerun.

mckuen_rod~_timeofdes_101b.jpg

japanese-vinyl.jpg

R-1499960-1224345760.jpeg.jpgR-1499960-1334878183.jpeg.jpgR-1499960-1334878190.jpeg.jpg

Look here for the complete series.

34 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

R-1499960-1224345760.jpeg.jpgR-1499960-1334878183.jpeg.jpgR-1499960-1334878190.jpeg.jpg

Look here for the complete series.

I don't care what Jim says - whatever the value of the music in that series,  T&A without even any faces works just fine by me.

6 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

I don't care what Jim says - whatever the value of the music in that series,  T&A without even any faces works just fine by me.

:tup

s-l300.jpg

We at Organissimo Jazz Forums do not discriminate the celebration of sexiest album cover on the bases of age, gender, or body type. All are welcome to participate!

46 minutes ago, JSngry said:

s-l300.jpg

We at Organissimo Jazz Forums do not discriminate the celebration of sexiest album cover on the bases of age, gender, or body type. All are welcome to participate!

Yes but by posting this you have outed yourself as finding short, fat naked men "sexy".

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Ah in this thread he's just being a troll.

46 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

Yes but by posting this you have outed yourself as finding short, fat naked men "sexy".

I find no such thing, but I do feel an obligation to provide content for all possible audiences, this being a public board and all.

36 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Ah in this thread he's just being a troll.

I am being a content provider, period.

As are we all.

No, I don't buy the period.

I believe most of the postings speak for them themselve .... btw some "jokes" in the meantime are tiresome .... to say the least ....

1 hour ago, jazzbo said:

No, I don't buy the period.

Biology did not make you the offer!

39 minutes ago, soulpope said:

I believe most of the postings speak for them themselve ....

They do indeed!

For some reason, Jim is craving the attention.  Don't feed the boring troll.

Indeed, the boring troll has more than enough to eat already.

No, seriously, here's what's up - This is 2021 and this is a public forum. I don't think that this thread is a good look for the board or its ownership (which is 1 person, and out contributions alone don't anywhere near cover the cost). Period.

Remember The Babe Thread? No? Good. We all lived. You do? Well, you're still here, aren't you? Yes.

No, we will not have a miraculous sudden influx of female membership, but people of all genders and all ages do surf the internet, and this place does have a legit reputation for housing some pretty good musical commentary. So is it a good look for say, some aspiring teenage musician of any gender to come here and see a bunch of horny old fucks having a droolfest over record covers?

There is both a present and a future for the jazz audience outside of the very limited demographic to which this thread aggressively targets itself.

yeah, I always found the thread a bit heteronormative to say the least. But I lived.

And continue to live, as do/will we all, regardless of content.

Always thought this being a thread about Cover ART .... and not about sexual orientation .... but obviously I'm a simple guy living in a complex world ....

I have no problem if Jim locks or deletes this thread. I do have a problem with his immature, passive-aggressive efforts to disrupt or spoil the thread. You're a moderator, Jim. Why not act like one?

6 minutes ago, sonnymax said:

I have no problem if Jim locks or deletes this thread. I do have a problem with his immature, passive-aggressive efforts to disrupt or spoil the thread. You're a moderator, Jim. Why not act like one?

:tup

...... and, above all, disguised in argumentation.

Edited by mikeweil

Trying to not be blunt and say that in 2021, in this world at this time, this thread as originally created has outlived its usefulness, trying to drop hints, but you guys don't take hints very well.

I will neither unilaterally lock nor delete this thread. but I have brought it up with ownership, what to do with a 20th Century concept in a 21st Century world.

And if the decision is made to keep this thread active, there will be representations of all kinds of sexiness and sexualities, including humorous ones. Becuase sex can be funny, and sexy DEFINITELY is funny.

If there's not room for that, then, yes, we will need to rename the thread to Sexiest Album Covers For Horny (probably) Middle Aged (definitely) Heterosexual White Guys (almost certainly)  Only.