Bright Moments

Sexiest album covers

12,900 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Whole thread seemed kinda tone-deaf (at the very least) to me.

But I've almost never read any of the album cover threads.

Hey, it would be interesting to find out what the female Organissimo forum contributors think about the issue / thread! :lol:

Edited by T.D.

8 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I've not read any 'massive verbiage'..

From me? Read more of my posts! :g

Seriously, yeah, I do have thoughts that roll out stream-of-consciousness, and yes, it goes on sometimes. Sorry about that to those who dislike that, but you know...it't ain't like it's Ulysses or anything.

As for impugning the intent of such verbiage, like trying to kill a thread.. I most unambiguously call bullshit.

Which is not to say that if there smart people say dumb things, I won't call bullshit on that either. But trying to kill a thread? Bullshit.

1 minute ago, JSngry said:

From me? Read more of my posts! :g

I was referring to this thread only :lol:

EX-cellent!

It ain't that easy. Here's a cover I just stepped over, by a female artist, Lorde:

R-19893862-1629219962-3367.jpeg.jpg

Just now, mikeweil said:

It ain't that easy. Here's a cover I just stepped over, by a female artist, Lorde:

R-19893862-1629219962-3367.jpeg.jpg

It is easy as that is an image chosen by the woman represented, one that she's comfortable with using and has exercised agency over.  There's been plenty of coverage of this.  Lorde is an artist who seems comfortable exercising the not inconsiderable power given to her by her position in the industry.  It really is all about agency and choice.

I think that I would also be in favour of removing this thread. Leaving aside questions of theory and political / social outlook, I don't think that it sends a welcoming or inclusive message to potential new joiners.

Posted (edited)

I would be in favour that future posts of the moderator acting as such are clearly distinguishable/marked .... this makes it easier for board members to differentiate these from his personal views (or whatsever) .... otherwise we are facing the risk of losing proven posters/contributors .... Paul Secor comes to my mind....

Edited by soulpope

Another option would be moving all those meta/discussion posts to its own thread - if I was a moderator I would have done this long ago. 

I don't see the need to do that as this discussion is directly about the contents of the thread. Moving it elsewhere seems a diversion to me.

People can still post album covers if they feel the need to whilst this discussion continues.

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

I would be in favour that future posts of the moderator acting as such are clearly distinguishable/marked .... this makes it easier for board members to differentiate these from his personal views (or whatsever) .... otherwise we are facing the risk of losing proven posters/contributors .... Paul Secor comes to my mind....

I'm sorry Soulpope but I really don't think this is the real issue with this thread. It may however be important to posters who disagree with JSngry's views or behaviour in making them.

5 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I don't see the need to do that as this discussion is directly about the contents of the thread. Moving it elsewhere seems a diversion to me.

People can still post album covers if they feel the need to whilst this discussion continues.

I'm sorry Soulpope but I really don't think this is the real issue with this thread. It may however be important to posters who disagree with JSngry's views or behaviour in making them.

No need for moving posts .... just a mark like "moderator's notice" would be sufficient ....

And regarding this thread : as you may noticed I'm really interested in Cover Art .... so literaly in every Cover Thread I have to live with some contributions deemed not appropriate from my standards .... nevertheless this not my blog but a forum so the borderline should be drawn by the Forum Rules and supervised by .... a socially competent moderator ....

one of my all-time favorites

81vt3cO7R%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

and another featuring a Hal Adams cover photo

R-2680786-1296385093.jpeg.jpg

and last but not least

81L-r53KZXL._SL1425_.jpg 

Thank you, Mr. Adams.  ^_^

Edited by sonnymax

s-l300.jpg

R-4698539-1524391453-1451.jpeg.jpg

R-1380640-1219535974.jpeg.jpg

masuda_miki_corazon~~_101b.jpg