2 hours ago, jlhoots said:

5vabiz95ij4blqjfdpfe6tlg_533846.jpg

That cd arrived today….

charle_mela_yalldontr_101b.jpg

Ah, the cyberbullying continues.

brugno_sand_fantabulo_102b.jpg

5 hours ago, mjzee said:

Ah, the cyberbullying continues.

I haven't been paying attention to this thread as a moderator or just an ordinary Organissimo citizen and now have gone back over the thread  quite a bit without quite understanding what this dustup is all about except that voices are being raised and people are getting hot under the color. It obviously has something to do with sex and I assume issues of good taste and alleged censorship of some sort, but could someone try to fill me in? As they used to say at the ballpark, you can't tell the players without a scorecard.

Kamala Harris has never looked sexier. Spotted her today in the local record emporium.

R-3524220-1333837564.jpeg.jpg

Larry - There has been no censorship, real or otherwise. All posts are intact.

And as you know, as moderators, we can lock and/ or delete posts and threads at our discretion. Again, everything is intact 

IMO, there was a period when this thread was crossing the line from "sexy" into lascivious, at times perhaps even tawdry. The society is changing, and what was considered ok then, today...not so much.

I myself do not think it's a good look for whatever an ongoing 21st Century Organissimo board is going to look like, and after some attempts at humor (which apparently failed to hit the mark) I made my concerns, uh, explicit.

Some people took the hint. Others got pissed off that the notion would even be raised. So I was clear - go ahead and post what you will in this thread, and I will do the same. "Sexy" covers a lot of ground, so y'all do you, I'll do me. Live and let live.

Sometimes "me" will be humorous, and sometimes fanciful (like that CRI cover, which takes on all kinds of, uh, shapes the longer you look at it). And apparently, that pisses some people off as well.

Oh well. Again, if "sexy album covers" is the one thread that anybody wants to go to the mat for on Organissimo Jazz Forums, hey, get on that mat and get sexy!

Live and let live is a two-way street, let it be noted.

2 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

I haven't been paying attention to this thread as a moderator or just an ordinary Organissimo citizen and now have gone back over the thread  quite a bit without quite understanding what this dustup is all about except that voices are being raised and people are getting hot under the color. It obviously has something to do with sex and I assume issues of good taste and alleged censorship of some sort, but could someone try to fill me in? As they used to say at the ballpark, you can't tell the players without a scorecard.

It all went downhill around August 19 (page 511).  Start there.

Sigh.

Yep.

Regardless.

On 9/30/2021 at 7:32 AM, JSngry said:

barkays~~~~_toohottos_103b.jpg

Jim, we all support your coming out. Does the wife know?

She's coming in!!!!

17 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

This has all boiled down to Jim's personal determination that in this day and age, "sexiest" threads are inappropriate for this board.

I have said and continue to assert, that Jim has no say in this matter - It is up to Jim Alfredson to swing on by and say, yay or nay on that question.  No one else brought it up.  No one, to my notice, has said Jim S. is correct.

As a moderator, Jim doesn't even have to read the thread. But instead what he has chosen to do is to post random records to "expand" the concept of "sexy".  Then defend his posts as honest and true and with no ulterior motive. 

Others feel that it is his way of crapping on the thread that offends him, for its male and hetero-normative focus.  I don't at all believe he is honest in his posting of, shall we say, non-traditional representations of "sexy".  Further, being a moderator gives his posts a greater air of "this is what it is" and has been a detriment to the continued participation of some members.

I think Jim Alfredson should be called upon to make a determination about his board and whether the thread continues or not. 

Sorry if I am being repetitious now but I just noticed this is Jim's reply:

15 hours ago, JSngry said:

I myself do not think it's a good look for whatever an ongoing 21st Century Organissimo board is going to look like, and after some attempts at humor (which apparently failed to hit the mark) I made my concerns, uh, explicit.

Some people took the hint.

(Emphasis mine)

Who is Jim to be giving hints about what the organissimo board should look like, absent explicit guidance from the owner? Some perceive this to be abuse of his position as moderator.  This is what pissed people off. Jim is a moderator, he is not the owner. It is not up to him to decide what is appropriate, when it has yet to be explicitly determined by the owner, e.g., politics/religion/Covid idiocy = Not Here

So again, can we get a call on this from Jim Alfredson?