CDs for sale...

deeznuts

hello. i am back but now i am a man and not a woman named helen.

so the same person who used to have the "for sale" list, just with a different name.

if prices seem wrong, let me know. i was just basing on what the internet seemed to think.

shipping can be pondered on a case by case basis?

albert ayler-vibrations (very very minor scuff) $26.00

alice coltrane-universal consciousness (mini LP style, some slight scuffs) $5.00

andrew hill-blue black $7.00

archie shepp-attica blues (some light scuffs) $4.00

archie shepp-fire music $6.50

archie shepp-mama too tight (promo sticker on front) $13.00

archie shepp-on this night $12.50

archie shepp-live in san francisco $8.00

art blakey-a night at birdland, volume two $6.00

art farmer-brass shout/aztec suite-$7.50

art farmer-sing me softly of the blues (some scuffs, plays fine) $4.00

association p.c.-mama kuku (import, mini LP style) $13.00

bill cosby-badfoot brown and the bunions bradford funeral and marching band (some scuffs, plays fine) $5.00

bobby hutcherson-head on $7.50

bobby hutcherson-medina (some minor scuffage) $18.00

bobby hutcherson-san francisco (scuffed, plays fine) $3.00

bobby hutcherson-stick up! (light scuffage) $6.00

cannonball adderley-somethin' else (minor scuffage) $3.00

cecil taylor/roswell rudd-mixed (some scuffage, plays fine) $4.00

charles kynard-legends of acid jazz (most minor of scuffs) $7.00

charles mingus-pre bird (very minor scuffs) $6.00

charles mingus-presents charles mingus (light scuffs) $5.50

charles moffett- the gift $20.00

dave pike-live at the philharmonie (import, mini LP style) $13.00

dizzy gillespie-portrait of jenny (some scuffs) $3.50

dizzy gillespie-the cool world $6.00

duke ellington-duke's big 4 $6.50

duke ellington-featuring paul gonsalves $6.50

eddie daniels-brief encounter (some light scuffs) $4.50

eddie harris-instant death (some scuffs, plays fine) $4.50

eddie henderson-heritage $6.00

elvin jones/jimmy garrison-illumination! $12.00

eric kloss-first class! (some light scuffs) $3.50

eric kloss-one, two, free $7.00

frank ricotti-our point of view $25.00

frank zappa-weasels ripped my flesh $7.00

george duke-i love the blues, she heard my cry $6.50

grant green-complete sonny clark quartets (2 CD, minor scuffage) $9.00

groove holmes-broadway (some light scuffs) $5.00

grover washington-soul box $6.50

jackie mclean-one step beyond (japanese mini LP, very minor scuff) $12.00

james moody-don't look away now! $7.00

jeremy steig-fusion $12.00

jeremy steig-howlin' for judy $7.00

joe farrell-outback (japanese import, very very slight slight scuff) $15.50

joe henderson-the elements $7.00

joe henderson-live at the lighthouse $7.00

joe henderson-power to the people (mini LP style, light scuffage) $6.50

john betsch-earth blossom (some scuffs, plays fine) $7.00

jjohnny hammond smith-legends of acid jazz $6.00

keith jarrett-fort yawuh $7.00

larry willis-inner crisis (japanese import) $15.00

larry young-lawrence of newark (some scuffage, plays fine) $4.00

lee morgan-live at the lighthouse (3 CD, i am sure there is some very light scuffage on one or two of the discs) $20.00

leon spencer-legends of acid jazz (very minor light scuffs) $6.50

lonnie smith-think $6.00

lou donaldson-pretty things (minor scuffage) $8.00

mccoy tyner-the greeting (some scuffs, plays fine) $4.00

miles davis-big fun (2 CD) $10.00

paul desmond-bossa antigua (some light scuffs) $6.00

pork pie (w. charles mariano)-transitory (mini LP style, import) $13.00

release music orchestra-garuda $11.00

richard davis-now's the time (some minor scuffs) $5.00

roswell rudd-flexible flyer (very very light scuff) $15.50

roy ayers-virgo vibes (some scuffage, plays fine) $4.00

smiley winters-smiley etc. $7.50

sonny rollins-on impulse! (some minor scuffs, plays fine) $4.00

sonny rollins-tokyo 1963 $7.50

sonny stitt-live at the left bank (some light scuffs) $6.00

stan getz-live at the left bank (some slight scuffage) $4.50

stanley turrentine-sugar (very light scuff) $5.00

steve lacy-the gap (very minor scuffs) $12.00

sun ra-nuits de la fondation maeght vol. 2 (mini LP style, minor scuffs) $4.50

sun ra-purple night $12.00

sun ra-sleeping beauty (light scuff outside of play area) $8.00

sunny murray-live at the moers festival $12.00

terry callier-occasional rain $6.50

the three sounds-soul symphony $7.00

the third world underground-(downtown music gallery CDR style, minor scuffs) $6.00

the visitors-in my youth (slight scuffage) $5.00

weather report-i sing the body electric (some scuffs, plays fine) $3.50

weather report-sweetnighter $5.50

willis jackson-with pat martino $7.00

yusef lateef-the gentle giant $5.00

zoot sims, al cohn, phil woods-jazz alive/a night at the half note $9.00

Edited by satish patel

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I really just need to stick to eBay, CD Universe, Hiroshi Tanno, and Chuck Nessa. And if those go south, I'm fucked! :rofl:

Hi,

I would like to buy archie shepp-live in san francisco $8.00 if possible.

Thanks for your reply on the other.

Can I mail you payment? If so, please advise total, and your mailing address. Also, I live in Toronto, Canada if you need to estimate shipping.

Thanks,

Peter

the whole me having to go to the post office and fill out custom forms and wait in line and find out shipping and then tell you and get payment via the mail and you having to mail a postcard of your own to me with a very small cash amount or god forbid a check and then me potentially having to fill out a deposit slip for that check all over one inexpensive CD sounds like a scenario neither of us really should want to be a part of. just my opinion?
Edited by peterintoronto

OK, I really just need to stick to eBay, CD Universe, Hiroshi Tanno, and Chuck Nessa. And if those go south, I'm fucked! :rofl:

Hi,

I would like to buy archie shepp-live in san francisco $8.00 if possible.

Thanks for your reply on the other.

Can I mail you payment? If so, please advise total, and your mailing address. Also, I live in Toronto, Canada if you need to estimate shipping.

Thanks,

Peter

the whole me having to go to the post office and fill out custom forms and wait in line and find out shipping and then tell you and get payment via the mail and you having to mail a postcard of your own to me with a very small cash amount or god forbid a check and then me potentially having to fill out a deposit slip for that check all over one inexpensive CD sounds like a scenario neither of us really should want to be a part of. just my opinion?

A series of possible compromises here to enable the transaction.

1 - Shipping costs can be gathered via USPS.com. Figure 5 oz. to mail a single CD in a normal mailer.

2 - Peter in Toronto can wait for the CD to be mailed until the satish patel would be going to the post office anyways.

3 - Peter can pay by cash or open a paypal account.

4 - Customs forms are a 1-2 minute exercise, not a biggie.

Don't see the purpose in having this aired publicly rather than continuing to dialog. It's a CD, not something to initiate character assassination over. I occasionally have gotten the purchaser on ebay who thinks they own my soul because they bought a $4.99 CD from me, and I really don't appreciate it.

julie never PMd me by the way. she is a spammer. why do "we" have to be nice to her? i know why people are nice to her. part of the reason i stopped posting here as much.

also, felz, i don't think any friendly resolution needs to be decided upon. i stand behind what i said. it is the middle of freaking winter here in new york and trudging to the post office to ship off one CD to another country is not worth the effort. just my opinion. as i said to him privately (get that pete...PRIVATELY), i could probably have just said based on his lengthy jazzloft thread, he was probably someone to avoid dealing with anyway. and in that thread i see he also posted private messages publicly. very cool. all canadians seem to do is complain. though i am basing this only on him and patricia and toronto raptor fans and michael bishop detractors and club super sexe.

Your response was so absurd, I felt that posting it for other members to view was important.

You list a ton of items for sale, then don't have the time to sell them?

If you didn't want to sell to me, why not be a man and say so? Why the whole thing about it not being worth your time to go to the bank, the post office, etc.?

If anything, you just cost yourself prospective buyers. Now that we know it's such a hassle for you to send off stuff that you've sold and received payment for, why should anyone risk sending you a cent?

Edited by peterintoronto

i've sold CDs to probably half the people on this board when i was the fongster or the mom or whatever name(s) i had previously. and only had an issue with, i think, one person. well one and a half. because the post office was to blame the second time. i have even hand delivered CDs to people living nearby (in a snowstorm, no less, one time).

i think you misunderstand...i honestly did not want to bother walking over to the post office to mail off one single CD and it had nothing to do with the jazzloft thread. i told a few other board members the same thing, actually, at other times. my point was, i could just have easily not wanted to deal with you based on jazzloft. i can't believe this is even an issue. you are questioning my manhood? jeez.

i think you misunderstand...i honestly did not want to bother walking over to the post office to mail off one single CD and it had nothing to do with the jazzloft thread. i told a few other board members the same thing, actually, at other times. my point was, i could just have easily not wanted to deal with you based on jazzloft.

Yes, I suppose I do misunderstand.

Since I am a PM-posting, complaining Canadian, here is another of your PMs:

jeez the reason i don't want to deal with you is because you were such a weenie in the jazzloft thread. is that better?

Which is it?

Just one on-topic, off-topic note here

... until you have attempted to deal with the USPS in NYC, you have never dealt with the USPS. They are beyond reprehensible ...

1) Imagine being at the Post Office at 8:30 AM (to try to avoid the usual long lines), only to be told when attempting to make payment at the window, "You have to have to wait until I have the money ... we don't start with any change in the morning, we only get change as customers give us money.

2) Being asked to calculate the value of the stamps that are on a package. "No, we are not given calculators and I can't count them."

3) Having mail dropped off in your building by their relay system, but never put in the actual mail boxes, as that carrier never shows up to do so - 11 times now in four and one-half years." The mail just sits in our mail lobby ... anyone can help themselves ... a felony in-progress

4) Going three consecutive business days with no mail delivery to the entire building

5) Paying for, but never receiving return signature receipts ... lucky to only receive the "unsigned" receipt

6) Having Media Mail take almost one month to arrive from suburban Philadelphia to NYC

7) Sending a Priority Mail package six blocks ... only to have it take ten days to arrive.

8) Printing on-line postage, but having to wait in line for 50 minutes so the {ostal Clerk (who needs to only provide acceptance) tells me that I made up "on-line postage" and then that I don't have enough postage on the item (yes, on-line rates are slightly lower than published rates.)

9) NEVER, I repeat NEVER have the necessary standard postal forms/supplies readily available

10) Constantly having boxes (under 13 ounces) returned as overweight - more than 13 ounces - unable to mail from postal boxes due to homeland security reasons

11) ... and don't EVEN get me started on customs. Each Postal Clerk has their own idea of what you must do to send an item ... and seemingly will always try to tell you the "wrong" advise at least once.

Funny thing is that I have lived all over the US and never experienced anything like this with the USPS - small frustrations, yes ... but this is widespread and consistent.

Thanks for allowing this semi-arbitrary "SCREAM" ...

Yeah, I guess he could have said he did not want to ship out of the US, but I have had very good dealings with Satish and found him to be a good and caring person ... I guess I am saying that I certainly do understand why he would not want to go through the hassle ... as noted, pretty hard to fathom, unless you have experienced it.

Sorry to hijack the thread and discussion ...

Yeah, I often forget how bad NYC USPS service is/was. Kind of a big hassle to send one disc to Canada. Yeah, maybe there was an oversight by not mentioning int'l shipping for small orders.

But Peter, posting others' PMs and emails on the site for the sake of an argument - as you did with respect to the Jazzloft thread - isn't all that hip, sorry to say.

it has nothing to do with international shipping. i told two US east coasters i did not feel like bothering to go to the post office for them either over one disc. it is a pain in the ass. i don't know what else i can say. i am not running a business, i am just some person trying to sell off most of their CDs.

it has nothing to do with international shipping. i told two US east coasters i did not feel like bothering to go to the post office for them either over one disc. it is a pain in the ass. i don't know what else i can say. i am not running a business, i am just some person trying to sell off most of their CDs.

Yet ironically, rejecting legitimate sales.

Edited by mikelz777