Giuseppi Logan

ep1str0phy

Giuseppe will be live on WKCR 89.9 sunday night july 26th at 9 or 10,..tune in!

Giuseppe can play for extended periods on alto when the feeling and the environment are

ok,..Ive played 3 concerts with him,.and played 4 or 5 rehearsals as well..

Hes mos def hot and cold,..but trust me,.him and his music are in there!

Hi MG and HG

(=

peace

matt

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful photos, Mark! By any chance did you get any of Henry and Giuseppe together ??

....one very low quality image....not really suitable for publication but I'll send you a small print for Henry's music room.

m

post-24-1246667054_thumb.jpg

Edited by sheldonm

Oh, thanks for the photo, Mark! Henry will cherish that. And you're right: Olive Oil is a stay-at-home girl unless Henry's playing here in town or we have a van and driver to take us out on road tours. Even then she's had a couple of mishaps, but nothing irreparable. But Henry's heard too many horror stories about basses damaged -- even smashed -- on planes and trains, so he plays loaner basses brought to each venue when we don't have a van and driver, or if we're taking planes.

And very, very warm wishes to you and Ann, Chuck!

Edited by musicmargaret

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Playing the Giuseppi Logan Project LP for the first time - quality presentation, very nice vinyl sound ... but the music, or rather the sax playing - I'm not sure what to make of it. Obviously there'll be the usual eulogies, and I'm sure Mr. Logan deserves all that he can get, but still, his playing is irritating, sounds very insecure in many spots, his intontation is - well, let's say idiosyncratic and leave it there. I will certainly give the album more spins in the weeks to come.