Mosaic says my CDs were stolen

wesbed

I ordered the Bennie Green & Randy Weston Selects last week (on a Thursday). Today, Monday, Mosaic called my home telephone number to say my CDs were stolen. The Mosaic representative says Airborne Express contacted Mosaic to report the Mosaic package, that should have been delivered to me, had been opened, apparently by somebody at Airborne Express, and the Mosaic CDs had been removed. Mosaic says they will ship another Green & Weston to me. The package should arrive within two to three days.

Wasn't there a thread, at the BNBB, regarding people having a difficult time receiving Mosaic CDs through Airborne Express? Something about the CDs being stolen by Airborne Express employees, or being lost, or something?

I'm surprised, yet not surprised, that the people who work for Airborne Express know the value of the contents of a Mosaic box. I wonder how much longer Mosiac will continue it's relationship with Airborne Express? Maybe it is time to try UPS or Federal Express?

Edited by wesbed

Airborne Express contacted Mosaic to report the Mosaic package, that should have been delivered to me, had been opened, apparently by somebody at Airborne Express, and the Mosaic CDs had been removed. Mosaic says they will ship another Green & Weston to me.

I sure as hell hope this means that Airborne Express is picking up the tab for the replacement discs, and for shipping them as well.

I've never had anything lost in the U.S. mail (well over a hundred items purchased on eBay, or in trades on boards like this), or by UPS either (which is how I've gotten all my Mosiacs sent to me).

What if these had been one-of-a-kind items, that couldn't be replaced so easily???

I sure as hell hope this means that Airborne Express is picking up the tab for the replacement discs, and for shipping them as well.

The Mosaic rep, Cindy, says Mosaic will be filing a claim with Airborne Express. She says, as a courtesy, Mosaic will be crediting my credit card for the entire shipping charge.

I had the same question as Rooster, however. The Selects are new enough they can be readily replaced. What if the stolen package had been the last set Mosaic had in stock?

I agree, the US Post Office may well be a better shipper. I've never had the USPS lose anything. Also, the USPS will deliver the package to a safe/secure locked mailbox (rather than inside the screen door on my front doorstep).

Edited by wesbed

A couple of years ago, there was an eBay seller, with a name which we changed to Bat Guano, in the San Diego, CA, area, who was selling partial Mosaic sets, without the outer boxes or books. It was suspected that these were stolen from plants where the CDs were maunfactured. But this died out, I think. Mosaic probably took some steps to close down that operation. In the U.K. the expression "it fell off the back of a truck" would be used for that.

Hmmm...I ordered the Patton select within the last two weeks and I have yet to receive it. I do realize that sometimes orders take a bit longer, but I think the last couple of times I have ordered from mosaic my packages arrived within a week...I was starting to think that something like this would have happened. :(

I had a problem with airborne a few years ago and they replaced it. I guess I'd have to consider myself lucky since then (although I think I got mine UPS after that). If I'm ordering a soon to be OOP item, I'd make sure that it's UPS before they send it out. Because if it's lost, you're SOL, at least as far as getting the item.

whilst its not quite the same thing leaving ordering a Mosaic until its on last chance is risky. I ordered one of the last Chico Hamilton sets and sweated 5 weeks for it arrive. By the time it did the set was OOP. Curse my luck that one of the discs was defective and Mosiac were unable to provide a replacement !!

I have told Mosaic not to use Airborne for my shipments. They were partial to leaving Mosaic boxes in the middle of my driveway, which makes my receipt of the box a far more chancey enterprise than I was willing to assume. Apart from that, UPS eats their lunch in every which way.

Usually, my Mosaic orders arrive here in Canada 7-10 days after ordering. Probably 8 or 9 years ago , one of my orders from Mosaic (I specifically remember the sets - the McLean and the Jones/Lewis) was very slow in arriving - 2, 3, 4 weeks passed and no delivery. I started to get nervous and called Mosaic. They said they would send replacements, which arrived in the usual time. FINALLY, at my door one day was a gray British Mail bag with the original order in it. It seems that rather than being sent to Halifax, Canada (where I was living at the time) it had been sent to Halifax, ENGLAND, where it no doubt sat in the back room of the post office for several weeks before someone realized it was in the wrong country (the address was very clear on the box, so this was obviously a post office screw-up). Mosaic had asked me to send the original box back to them, which I did immediately. Mosaic said they would reimburse me for postage, which they never did. That surprised me a bit, given Mosaic's reputation for customer service, but it was maybe $10, so I let it go. I was just so happy to finally have the great sets, which to this day are among the 5 Mosaic sets I would take to a desert island.

YES - I posted in the past on this issue with Airborne Express too. First, they "lost" my box, although Mosaic kindly sent out a replacement no questions asked. Then they took forever to deliver it; one day left a note they had been there and we needed to call and have them deliver it when we were in. So we did that, only to have them NOT show up during the appointed time. Had to call AGAIN, and the guy showed up this time but LATE....so I called Mosaic and they said they would not use Airborne Express for any further deliveries to me.

I thought this might be unique to Sacramento area, but apparently not...a company that needs a MAJOR overhaul, it seems.

I've also had problems with Airborne Express.

They "misdelivered" 2 Mosaic sets to who knows where. The address they say they delivered to doesn't exist.

At any rate they never turned up.

I now have Mosaic use UPS.

Mosaic replaced the 2 lost sets, & I believe collected from Airborne Express via the insurance they use.

I have always been lucky with my nearly 40 CD shipments from the US, nothing has ever been lost.

One Mosaic set auctioned on Ebay spent a month in customs in my country (unopened :)) before I tracked it down, one single CD shipped seperately by CDUniverse took 6 weeks to arrive, but at the end I always received what I ordered.

I was lucky up to now, too. Maybe 25 orders from Mosaic/Trueblue (and countless orders from B&N, Amazon, CDConnection, CDUniverse, Djangos etc).

Once Mosaic forgot to send out a big order (some 50 CDs or so), I called them after two months (I always have the Mosaic/Trueblue stuff sent by slow and a little cheaper devices...), they apologized, sent the stuff via air mail and not one CD case was alright when the package arrived - all broken almost into pieces... That really sucked!

ubu

My Mosaic/True Blue stuff has always arrived quickly, and I always have them sent by ordinary U.S. Mail.

Clunky, I don't have the Hamilton set, but surely someone will send you a burn of the defective CD. A few years back, I made a last-minute decision to order the Buck Clayton set (am I ever glad that I did!), and all they had left was a set without CD 3. I was happy to get that, and very soon a friend burned CD 3 for me, too!

I've been doing business with Mosaic for about 9 years now and they've always shipped UPS and usually I get the sets within 2-3 days. I have had two shipments get lost in all these years and Mosaic has been super with their service to replace lost or stolen shipments!