***Home Plate***

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braves still can't hit! ;) Braves have come back from worse things, but to lose the first game at first and to come back will be tough....smart of Javy to say there was no way Cubs could beat Braves! Kerry Wood and Mark Prior might be the best pitchers in the game right now, next to Jason Schmidt...a former Brave...imagine how the Braves could roll thru the playoffs if they had kept Schmidt, and Millwood, to go with Ortiz and Hampton!!!! :blink:

In all honesty, I think we might be looking at a Cubs v Twins world series. The Twins have been maniacs since the all-star break, and if the Cubs pitching keeps up, their only threat is the braves, as I don't think the Marlins or the Giants have it in them to beat the cubbies. If a Cubs v Twins series happens, it will be the only time in my life that I will ever root for the Cubs. As well, I will be hoping that Reinsdorf realizes that he has a potentially amazing team in the sox, and doesn't screw things up too much. Of course, looking at the bulls, blackhawks, and sox in past years, I think I might be asking for too much...

I'm a Yankee fan, but if they don't make it to the World Series, I would love to see a Cubs-Bosox series- somebody would have to win it, and either the 'Curse of the Bambino' would be over or the Cubbies would end nearly a century of futility. I was surprised to see the Cubbies win yesterday, because usually when a team has bases loaded and none out and doesn't score they lose. Kerry Wood had to deliver the blow with his bat, as if his excellent pitching wasn't enough!

I'm a Yankee fan, but if they don't make it to the World Series, I would love to see a Cubs-Bosox series- somebody would have to win it, and either the 'Curse of the Bambino' would be over or the Cubbies would end nearly a century of futility. I was surprised to see the Cubbies win yesterday, because usually when a team has bases loaded and none out and doesn't score they lose. Kerry Wood had to deliver the blow with his bat, as if his excellent pitching wasn't enough!

Dude, if that actually happens it will begin raining frogs shortly thereafter and then the plague of locusts will come....

I would love to see a Cubs-Bosox series- somebody would have to win it, and either the 'Curse of the Bambino' would be over or the Cubbies would end nearly a century of futility. I was surprised to see the Cubbies win yesterday!

Dude, if that actually happens it will begin raining frogs shortly thereafter and then the plague of locusts will come....

I've got a big pot ready to boil them frogs legs.

I'm a Yankee fan, but if they don't make it to the World Series, I would love to see a Cubs-Bosox series- somebody would have to win it, and either the 'Curse of the Bambino' would be over or the Cubbies would end nearly a century of futility. I was surprised to see the Cubbies win yesterday, because usually when a team has bases loaded and none out and doesn't score they lose. Kerry Wood had to deliver the blow with his bat, as if his excellent pitching  wasn't enough!

Good reason to stay inside & watch some baseball!

I'm with you, PhillyQ... and you know, a Cubs-Bosox series would be baseball at its best. No other sport has the kind of hallowed backstory that this one does. One of my favorite match-ups in recent times was the 2000 Subway Series. Man, I raced down to the corner bookstore to buy the Times every day while that one was going on.

I forget--what were they going to call a Cubs-Chisox series if that had ever come about?

I forget--what were they going to call a Cubs-Chisox series if that had ever come about?

There are many things that they would call it. A miracle would be one. I would assume many in this town would call it the redline series...as the red line el will drop you off across the street from both parks, and that's what they refer to the interleague play series every year. I love the red line...

This will probably make GoM's eyes pop right out of his skull, but I'm going to quote that learned scholar and esteemed Gentleman from the Great State of Massachusetts, Teddy Kennedy:

"The cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die"

GO REDSOX!!!!

This will probably make GoM's eyes pop right out of his skull, but I'm going to quote that learned scholar and esteemed Gentleman from the Great State of Massachusetts, Teddy Kennedy:

"The cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die"

GO REDSOX!!!!

:blink::wacko::blink:

Well, Dan, there you go again! ;) Shades of 2001 for the A's--get an AL East team on the ropes and potentially blowing it all again...

My Yanks will be waitin' for you Wednesday night at the Stadium!

In the meantime, I (like many others, I'm sure) will be following the Cubs with avid interest tonight.

Edited by ghost of miles

Man, I have been focusing more on the NL, than the AL, but damn, Red Sox VS. the Yankees. :blink: If the Red Sox just could bet the Yankees....oh, too much to hope for....

Oh, they could, man... these Yanks are really good, but what quantity do they still have of the magical mojo that saw the O'Neill/Brosius/Martinex era always come through in crucial moments?

Plus Boston still has to win Game 5. ^_^ But I hope we get a Bosox-Yanks series--another chance to resurrect the whole "Curse of the Bambino" affair. (I loved it a couple of years ago when Pedro Martinez mocked it and then went winless for a long time. :P )