***Home Plate***

So, I hear this game mattered, is that true? :w

Damn straight it matterered, suh! It means the Yankees will take Game 6 and the Series in New York rather than Atlanta.

:rmad::angry::rmad:

Actually, I have ambivalent feelings towards the Braves...they act like they have to be cheap like the Expos, when we all know that is not true. I was kind of hoping for a .500 season, and major changes...that ain't gonna happen! A team that keeps a 44 year old Julio Franco on the roster(He is hitting over 300) can't be all bad, can they?Their pitching will be their downfall...now if the Diamondbacks fade quick, and we can get Shilling... B) But, if it does turn out Braves vs. Yankees, I have to root against the devil as always....rooting for the Yankees...I guess you like shooting fish in a barrel as well, eh? Or hope that the U.S. beats the Jamaican bobsled team? :P

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Giants turned Moss into Ponson. That's got to be a good thing. Giants fans were starting to call Moss "the blunder from down under". I was starting to call him something I won't share with the rest of you, but think of all your favorite curse words, put them together in a long string and you'll come close. We still need a bat at 1B or RF, though. We've got one or two too many "all glove no bat" guys.

Pity the poor Reds fans

Yep! :angry: Really gonna bring the fans out getting rid of players, the managar, and a creative GM that never got the money to make the big deals he wanted to. They can now cry poor when their attendance rivals the Expos and get more of the Yankee's money(Which isn't too bad a thing I guess ;) ) Or perhaps trying to clear out payroll to sell the team, who knows....

Well, I guess TIME/warner must have claimed poverty as the reason the Braves didn't get some middle relief....they will find some other soft tosser released by some other team, and limp to the playoffs once again...just so the Giants(I can hope) or the Yankees(Oh God, not that fate again!) can make the Braves pitchers look like BP wannabees....

Hey Berigan - You're a Reds fan? Do you think you guys have one more OF with a functioning bat that we (the Giants) can borrow for the rest of the year? Jose Cruz Jr. is pretty depressing to watch at the plate. If you're looking for a stomach ache, go to his ESPN player page, click "splits", and scroll down to the bottom of the page where they show his numbers with RISP.

J.L. I do sound like a Reds fan, don't I? I grew up in St. Louis, so most of the time a cards fan. Just hate to see good teams taken apart, for money reasons alone. I thought anyone who bought a team these days had to prove they were worth several hundred million dollars, so that they wouldn't trade players (like the Reds did with the Yankees) for a few million extra. Try explaining that to the fans. They were in their first year in a new park. I don't know their attendance numbers were, but this is nuts. I did read that the prospect they got for Boone is very good, but to hear Sean Casey and others talk about Boone, he not just a good hitter, but a real asset to the club, someone who doesn't come around that often, so a AAA pitcher and 1.5 mill wasn't enough....And the Yankees get younger, and stronger, and didn't have to give the Reds 5 million, just 1.5

Edited by BERIGAN

What about all of the trades, folks? How did your teams shake out?

Catesta, maybe the change of scenery will bring out a better attitude in Mr. Mondesi. B)

I hope you're right.

The D-Backs went on a rampage with a bunch of rookies before the All-Star break, win the first two after, and then slide into a shit hole.

They went from 4 games back of SF and in the wild card seat, to 12 games out of first, and now 4 1/2 games below Philly for the wild card.

I really liked Delucci, but hopefully Mondesi bad attitude and all will help.

We've got no chance of catching the Giants, but might still sneak into the post season.

I really liked Delucci, but hopefully Mondesi bad attitude and all will help.

If you look at the stats, Mondesi is on pace to hit something like six or seven more HR (and throw two more tantrums) than Delluci for the rest of the year. Seems like the DBack's paid a lot for six or seven HR...

Edited to correct factual mistatement...

Edited by J Larsen

Guest GregM

Not only do the Giants have the best team, they have the best stadium. And I ventured out into McCovey cove in my buddy's boat last Sunday to check it out during the Giants-Pads game. Cheers!

Not only do the Giants have the best team, they have the best stadium.  And I ventured out into McCovey cove in my buddy's boat last Sunday to check it out during the Giants-Pads game. Cheers!

I'm flying out for the series with the Braves in a few weeks. I'll be around the following weekend for the series against the Marlins. If they throw Wilis at us, I'll check that out too.

I agree that the Giants are tops in the NL, but the BoSox and Yanks worry me if we face them in October. Their starting eights just crush ours, and their rotations match up pretty well, too.

BTW, Greg, you look about half as old as I had imagined.

Edited by J Larsen

Guest GregM

I'm concerned about October too. Watching the Giants in the postseason guarantees high blood pressure.

Yeah, I look about half as old as I am, and in that picture, twice as drunk as I was. :P

Gotta love that Gordon Biersch pilsner.

Yeah, I look about half as old as I am, and in that picture, twice as drunk as I was. :P

I hear that. I think I look younger at 28 than I did at 17. In high school I was the one everyone would get to go to the liquor store, because I'd almost never get carded. Last year, some of my college students assumed I was a freshman when I first walked into the room.

Guest GregM

Another shot of Pac Bell park from the cove.

P1010025.JPG

Around the 8th inning of the TV broadcast, the camera zoomed in on my buddy and me on the boat. The announcer said something about "July living". The other boats had TVs and started yelling to us. Was anyone watching the game? I hope I didn't have my finger up my nose. :lol:

Edited by GregM

It don't matter who comes out of the National league. The Mariners, Yankees, or Red Sox will beat any team from the senior circuit. It's a weak league. The only thing they got goin' for em is they don't have the DH.

GO M's!!!!!

Greg, Pac Bell Cove sure looks nice. I'm jealous.

First Lou Pinella leaves Seattle because they refuse to make trades and/or add salary to do what it takes to win the World Series. Now, after doing nothing at the trade deadline, Jeff Nelson opens his mouth to gripe and he’s shipped off to the Yankees faster than you can say “The Mariners Management Sucks”.

What, they couldn’t do a trade before the deadline, but once someone speaks up ad calls them on their bullshit, they can pull off a deal where all players have to clear waivers and such. This is some lame shit.