Running low: Peggy Lee/June Christy, Tal Farlow, Columbia Small Groups

J.A.W.

Or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2ho19VbOiU...feature=related

where the implicit sexual frisson between them is something else.

Ah, that was it, your comment about the clip sent me to the review threads on the board which then sent me to Mosaic! So an assist for LK in the stat sheet even if you were actually on the bench. ;) Also it goes without saying - sex sells!

However I am remembering correctly this time as it's more recent that your mini-review of the Pacific Jazz Piano Trio Select provided the nudge to have me add that to the Bennie Green Select order during the January sale. Thanks to all who commented about the set as it is a "top tier" Select.

Or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-gO9TpElS4...feature=related

No Barbour solo here, but what he plays with and behind Lee is unreal.

You're not wrong, lovely stuff.

I think Cliff likes you, Larry......

Yes, thanks for that, I've just realised that sentence did read back in a way that could be misunderstood.

No offence Larry but, you're not my type, I think we should see other people, it's not you, it's me, or maybe I think I can do better.....

last one was a bit harsh.. maybe. :D :D :D

Edited by Cliff Englewood

Okay. I caved.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: just got off the phone with the MotherShip in Stamford... :) and ordered the Lee/Christy

There's only a few LEFT...

I feel like I just got into the mall at 11:45pm on Christmas Eve.... :crazy::tup

if you're going to do it... now's the time....

Edited by tranemonk

Guest Bixieland

Well, guess what just arrived at my office...

columbia2005.jpg

...being Friday...I guess the good scotch will be in order...

I'm sure I'll be posting my raves later tonight! Congrats on the Lee/Christy set Tranemonk...I look forward to your thoughts as well!

Okay. I caved.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: just got off the phone with the MotherShip in Stamford... :) and ordered the Lee/Christy

I feel like I just got into the mall at 11:45pm on Christmas Eve.... :crazy::tup

How many are just a few? If that's the case it is interesting that they haven't moved the set to the last chance.

Perhaps they are trying to thwart those who swoop in and buy multiple copies just for resale. Although recently a few sets that hit last chance were limited to one set per person......

How many are just a few? If that's the case it is interesting that they haven't moved the set to the last chance.

Perhaps they are trying to thwart those who swoop in and buy multiple copies just for resale. Although recently a few sets that hit last chance were limited to one set per person......

I asked Mosaic's Scott Wenzel yesterday and he said there were "plenty" Lee/Christy sets left.

Edited by J.A.W.

I asked Mosaic's Scott Wenzel yesterday and he said there were "plenty" Lee/Christy sets left.

Good ! :)

Must order soon..

This set will soon be in Bristol too as well as the Bobby Hackett. Not sure what to expect with the latter but I couldn't see myself bother Mosaic for a mere $72!! :rolleyes:

Another :tup for the Farlow and the Columbia Small Groups set. The Farlow is a must IMHO.

Edited by ASNL77

Time to relax - ordered the Lee/Christie and also sneaked in a Charles Lloyd Mosaic Single. Haven't gone for the priority next day delivery air mail personal jet individual courier option to Bristol, slow banana boat packet steamer option to Dorset will suffice. When it arrives it arrives ! :D

Edited by sidewinder

Time to relax - ordered the Lee/Christie and also sneaked in a Charles Lloyd Mosaic Single. Haven't gone for the priority next day delivery air mail personal jet individual courier option to Bristol, slow banana boat packet steamer option to Dorset will suffice. When it arrives it arrives ! :D

My Lee/Christie arrived within 7 days - sent by surface !! Sounds very good, the Christie sides vary from excellent to just ok but the Lee sides seem uniformly excellent so far.

Perfect set size too, below the $100 mark to get cheap shipping and below the 6 disc mark to avoid import duties. I would expect a 6 disc order to get clobbered by HM customs with the pound /dollar ratio at it's current level.

O hang on - the Hackett is not on last chance. False alarm, I can stay within tightwad cheap shipping limit. :)

Sorry for the panic attack, Bob. Just thought that exchange rate could be even crapper soon which is why I also ordered the Hackett. I keep forgetting to go for surface shipping though. Arrrgh.

Edited by ASNL77

O hang on - the Hackett is not on last chance. False alarm, I can stay within tightwad cheap shipping limit. :)

Sorry for the panic attack, Bob. Just thought that exchange rate could be even crapper soon which is why I also order the Hackett. I keep forgetting to go for surface shipping though. Arrrgh.

No problem Yves. For a minute I thought the Hackett was on 'Last Chance'. The £ can't get much lower - or can it? :unsure:

PS just heard that my bundle is on its way.

Edited by sidewinder

Sorry for the panic attack, Bob. Just thought that exchange rate could be even crapper soon which is why I also order the Hackett. I keep forgetting to go for surface shipping though. Arrrgh.

No problem Yves. For a minute I thought the Hackett was on 'Last Chance'. The £ can't get much lower - or can it? :unsure:

Don't know. I am not an expert in those things but we have it pretty bad at the moment. Holidays on the continent cost a fortune and getting jazz music from the US costs an arm and a leg. Really cheesed off with the whole thing now. If only we were part of the Euro zone...

Anyway, these two sets are a bit of a gamble for me. Not sure what to expect. I got the June/Lee set on the basis that I really love the few vocal Mosaic sets I own, especially the Anita set.

Edited by ASNL77