Testicular cancer linked to marijuana use

BERIGAN

I agree. There was a report yesterday that the UK drugs advisory body was coming out with a report recomending downgrading Ecstasy to a B class drug but that the government weren't likely to folow this advice. The theory everywhere seems to be that, if people like to do it, it must be even worse than sex.

MG

I agree. There was a report yesterday that the UK drugs advisory body was coming out with a report recomending downgrading Ecstasy to a B class drug but that the government weren't likely to folow this advice. The theory everywhere seems to be that, if people like to do it, it must be even worse than sex.

MG

How far can you believe these people? The BBC carried a story yesterday that horse riding was more dangerous than Ecstasy from someone called Professor Nutt!!! :crazy:

If a man has smoked marijuana on a weekly basis or has been exposed to hashish for an extended period of time, the chances of testicular cancer double compared to someone who has never smoked marijuana.

Which begs the question if a doubled risk is really an increase worth mentionning, compared to other cancer risks and other health risks related to marijuana.

If I was smokin' pot instead of taking these nasty, doctor-prescribed, perfectly legal, addictive tranquilizers...I'd be a much happier person.

Move to California and join one of those cannabis clubs. Seriously. A friend of mine broke his ankle about 15 years ago and got a doctor to write him a prescription. Now he goes once a month to the local dispensary for his pot. He swears the pot is as good or better than anything you can get on the street and a helluva lot cheaper!

Edited by J.H. Deeley

If I was smokin' pot instead of taking these nasty, doctor-prescribed, perfectly legal, addictive tranquilizers...I'd be a much happier person.

Move to California and join one of those cannabis clubs. Seriously. A friend of mine broke his ankle about 15 years ago and got a doctor to write him a prescription. Now he goes once a month to the local dispensary for his pot. He swears the pot is as good or better than anything you can get on the street and a helluva lot cheaper!

Your friend convinced a doctor to write a prescription for pot because of a broken ankle 15 years ago? :blink: That must have been one helluva break.

Your friend convinced a doctor to write a prescription for pot because of a broken ankle 15 years ago? :blink: That must have been one helluva break.

That's a lot of joints for 1 broken joint :rolleyes: